good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news

Hi everyone. I am relatively new to the site. I joined about a month ago when doctors were pretty certain IC was causing all of my pelvic pain.

I will not know for certain until Friday when I have a laparoscopy done, but I am really happy to report that going off the birth control pill, using quercetin complex 3x a day, and 12.5mg of Elavil has pretty much completely stopped my pain.

This is someone who was going to the washroom every 10 minutes sometimes, up to 3x a night, had pain down my legs, up my back, my tailbone, right side, left side, you name it. Pressure, pulling, cramping, pinching, fullness. Absolute hell. I was sleeping with a heating pad on every night and every chance that I got when I was home. Oh, and don't forget the 3 trips to the hospital (where they did nothing for me)

I do not know if I have IC or endometriosis but I should have a better idea, like I said on Friday.

Does anyone have any thoughts ? Is it possibile that I have/had both endo and IC?. I do still have symptoms, just much much less than before.

This condition ruined my summer and almost my relationship. I finally feel that there is hope.

Much love and luck to everyone.
    Last edited by featherbullet; 08-21-2011, 12:59 AM.
    28 years old
    UTI's for 10 years
    very bad urgency and frequency started Aug '10 Severe pressure, pain and burning in bladder, lower back, and thighs since May '11.
    endometriosis removed (Sept 15th)
    chronic pelvic pain since then
    I currently take: elavil 25mg mg at night
    clonazepam .25 mg daily for anxiety and nerve calming
    probiotics
    baking soda occasionally
    Marshmallow root tea/capsules occasionally
    other: heating pad/ice packs daily
    deep breathing
    massage
    pelvic phsyio since jan '12

testing :cystoscopy ( urlogist said I have a small bladder but nothing abnormal)
    many..MANY urine tests that all determine I do not have an infection.

ultrasounds for pre and post void (nothing abnormal)

things I would like to try :MSM, silver, medicinal mushrooms

I also posted this in IC success stories, as I am not sure which category it belongs to. I don't mind removing it from either. please let me know!
    28 years old
    UTI's for 10 years
    very bad urgency and frequency started Aug '10 Severe pressure, pain and burning in bladder, lower back, and thighs since May '11.
    endometriosis removed (Sept 15th)
    chronic pelvic pain since then
    I currently take: elavil 25mg mg at night
    clonazepam .25 mg daily for anxiety and nerve calming
    probiotics
    baking soda occasionally
    Marshmallow root tea/capsules occasionally
    other: heating pad/ice packs daily
    deep breathing
    massage
    pelvic phsyio since jan '12

testing :cystoscopy ( urlogist said I have a small bladder but nothing abnormal)
    many..MANY urine tests that all determine I do not have an infection.

ultrasounds for pre and post void (nothing abnormal)

things I would like to try :MSM, silver, medicinal mushrooms

Comment

Hello
      It is certainly possible to have both IC and endo but hopefully you are just dealing with one or the other! It's very common to have a pelvic laparoscopy to check for endo when going thru the IC diagnosis process, to exclude other causes for your pain in that area. My pelvic lap showed nothing.

How great that you are responding well to your treatments! And what a relief to get some sleep.

Keep us posted on your upcoming surgery. Hope it goes well for you.

Comment

I have both IC and endo, although both conditions are fairly mild for me. It's great that you are feeling so much better so quickly!
        Symtoms started July 2010.
        Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
        In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
        200 mg Elmiron in the morning
        100 mg Elmiron @ night
        Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
        If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

good news

Originally posted by featherbullet View Post
          Hi everyone. I am relatively new to the site. I joined about a month ago when doctors were pretty certain IC was causing all of my pelvic pain.

I will not know for certain until Friday when I have a laparoscopy done, but I am really happy to report that going off the birth control pill, using quercetin complex 3x a day, and 12.5mg of Elavil has pretty much completely stopped my pain.

This is someone who was going to the washroom every 10 minutes sometimes, up to 3x a night, had pain down my legs, up my back, my tailbone, right side, left side, you name it. Pressure, pulling, cramping, pinching, fullness. Absolute hell. I was sleeping with a heating pad on every night and every chance that I got when I was home. Oh, and don't forget the 3 trips to the hospital (where they did nothing for me)

I do not know if I have IC or endometriosis but I should have a better idea, like I said on Friday.

Does anyone have any thoughts ? Is it possibile that I have/had both endo and IC?. I do still have symptoms, just much much less than before.

This condition ruined my summer and almost my relationship. I finally feel that there is hope.

Much love and luck to everyone.

Feather,
          That IS great news!
          Stay well,
          Laurie

Comment

I'm so happy for you!! Best of luck with the lap.

Comment

Working...
            X