Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to a place of balance. In remission for over 5 months!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coming to a place of balance. In remission for over 5 months!

Briza, I can understand why you would not give additional updates... it has been upsetting to find some of these responses on my thread. Well, please know that your thread helped me so much. It was after reading through all of your updates that I was able to imagine of a different life for myself and I was able to believe it was possible to heal. I kept focusing on that possibility during those first few months. So again, thank you for posting your story.

Thank you for acknowledging the effort I have put into regaining my health. That means a lot to me. It is not often I talk about everything I have gone through. Also, I may not have been as gracious with my last response... I am a human being though, and at times I am sensitive. I believe that my journey is to be respected... just as I respect others who have expressed what they believe to be the correct path or course of action for their healing journey. I truly do hope my story will help others. Thank you again for your kind words and encouragement. It has been your words I focused on when I became upset with those who disagreed with my approach. (I tend to look for the positive in this world, thank you for shining brightly on this forum).

Comment

Luvspugs, I was referring to the quote from Donna. I am very glad to hear you are in remission. And I am glad to hear Elmiron has helped you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by leap_of_faith View Post
        Briza, I can understand why you would not give additional updates... it has been upsetting to find some of these responses on my thread. Well, please know that your thread helped me so much. It was after reading through all of your updates that I was able to imagine of a different life for myself and I was able to believe it was possible to heal. I kept focusing on that possibility during those first few months. So again, thank you for posting your story.

Thank you for acknowledging the effort I have put into regaining my health. That means a lot to me. It is not often I talk about everything I have gone through. Also, I may not have been as gracious with my last response... I am a human being though, and at times I am sensitive. I believe that my journey is to be respected... just as I respect others who have expressed what they believe to be the correct path or course of action for their healing journey. I truly do hope my story will help others. Thank you again for your kind words and encouragement. It has been your words I focused on when I became upset with those who disagreed with my approach. (I tend to look for the positive in this world, thank you for shining brightly on this forum).
        My post and Donna's post must be what you are refering to when you say " it has been upsetting to find some of these responses on my thread" Nothing that we have said is of an attacking nature. In my case, I think I am entitled to the responses I have made. I have had a pituitary tumour, chronic migraine, IC and IBS. I developed these despite eating "clean" and living a healthy life. I am currently 51 and have been told I look years younger. I tried many of the alternative therapies, particularly in response to my migraines as they were so severe that I did not think I would make it through them. I also have medical family that have seen the results of people who have gone "alternative" and return to doctors when they are beyond help. This is usually with cancers.

Everyone here is happy for people that have gone into remission. I am one of them. It took 5 years to get there.
        Elmiron 2 x 100mg daily for IC
        Relpax 40mg as needed for migraine
        Vitamin D - 1 tablet per day
        Vitamin B - 1 tablet per day
        Iron/Vitamin C Tab - As needed, usually during my period.

Previous Medications:
        Topamax - 2 x 50mg daily (migraine)

Comment

I have also found that alkalising my diet has really helped my symptoms. I also believe the Elmiron has been a big contributor, and in the early days endep. So I suppose I sit on both sides of the fence between natural and medicating. What works for each of us is GREAT.

Luvspugs- I notice in your signature that you take both B12 and B tablets everyday? Are you diet affected? Which ones are these? I would really like to get some B's in but just can not tolerate them at all. Maybe a different brand is the key.
          UTI 3/2015
          IC ,PFD
          prescribed meds: Endep 60mg, Elmiron 400mg, BC. Enablex 7.5mg.

Supplements: Chitomur peptide, colostrum, Echinacea, liver detox swisse, calcium citrate, glucosamine, Psyllium Husk.

Daily diet: Breakkie- oats with chia seeds and no fat milk. Post workout-turkey breast with mixed veggies. Lunch-raw green soup with rye roll and handful of peanuts/almonds. Dinner- changes but meat and veg. Dessert-banana and sugar free custard (homemade) or banana and apple bake with almonds cinnamon and honey with a dollop of coconut cream.

Tried: tramadol, cystoprotek, multi right, diazepam, vesicare, Ditropan, mirabegron, Flomax, lyrica, progesterone.

Comment

I get a vit B 12 once a week, I am diet sensative but this does not bother my bladder.
            My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaarrrggghhh View Post
              I have also found that alkalising my diet has really helped my symptoms. I also believe the Elmiron has been a big contributor, and in the early days endep. So I suppose I sit on both sides of the fence between natural and medicating. What works for each of us is GREAT.

Luvspugs- I notice in your signature that you take both B12 and B tablets everyday? Are you diet affected? Which ones are these? I would really like to get some B's in but just can not tolerate them at all. Maybe a different brand is the key.
              Sorry to get back to you so late on this, but I have been feeling so well lately that I haven't been on the board. I usually take a brand of Vitamins called Blackmores which is still Australian owned I think.
              Elmiron 2 x 100mg daily for IC
              Relpax 40mg as needed for migraine
              Vitamin D - 1 tablet per day
              Vitamin B - 1 tablet per day
              Iron/Vitamin C Tab - As needed, usually during my period.

Previous Medications:
              Topamax - 2 x 50mg daily (migraine)

Comment

Leap of faith - what a lovely, genuine person you are. Very gracious too! I wish you very well in your healing journey ☺

Comment

Hello Kittiekat75!

Sorry, I must have missed the email notification in the summertime. Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate that. I wish you well in your healing journey too.

Comment

Dear ICN Community,

Happy New Year to you all!

I feel blessed to say that I am still in remission. I attribute this to being consistent with the lifestyle I developed over four years ago. I am very conscientious about dietary choices, and I now utilize energetic healing modalities daily (e.g., meditation, Reiki). I am looking forward to the New Year as I finally feel as though I have enough strength to take up a more rigorous workout program!

I continue to wish the best for everyone on this forum!! I hope 2018 brings with it amazing days full of love, positivity, good health, and prosperity. I feel well enough now (emotionally and spiritually) that I will be able to be more active on this site throughout the year.
                    Last edited by leap_of_faith; 01-01-2018, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leap_of_faith View Post
                      Dear ICN Community,

Happy New Year to you all!

I feel blessed to say that I am still in remission. I attribute this to being consistent with the lifestyle I developed over four years ago. I am very conscientious about dietary choices, and I now utilize energetic healing modalities daily (e.g., meditation, Reiki). I am looking forward to the New Year as I finally feel as though I have enough strength to take up a more rigorous workout program!

I continue to wish the best for everyone on this forum!! I hope 2018 brings with it amazing days full of love, positivity, good health, and prosperity. I feel well enough now (emotionally and spiritually) that I will be able to be more active on this site throughout the year.
                      I love seeing success stories.

Donna
                      Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Dear ICN Community,

I have now been in remission for over five years. I hope this update brings comfort or a sense of hope to someone on this forum.

Comment

Donna
                          Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Great news. I am from Melb too

Comment

My heart goes out to everyone on this forum. ❤️

Comment

Working...
                              X