X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IC symtoms relive

Originally posted by Judith67 View Post
    Hi Kim..I'm new to the message boards and learning protocol and the different words such as Thread, Post, Links, etc. I'm so thankful that it's here and I've read so many helpful things.

I was diagnosed with IC Nov 05. It seems like my history with the disease is very similar to everyone else on this site. Several different Dr's, tests, suggestions, many different meds. My pain is most days, even with IC Diet and meds. I've recently ordered Algonot+ and am experiencing much relief. I understand I'll need to take this for 3 to 4 months to see if it works. Of course like everyone else, I'll try anything.

I've been looking for a post or thread that would tell me how long after I've eaten something would I experience pain if it wasn't something that I should have. I asked my primary Dr and he said in 24 hrs. That seems like a long time as several meals could go by without knowing which food caused the pain. I'm keeping a better log on food since I started taking Algonot+ to see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks for your response...
    Hi Judith, my name is Noraisha I have IC for 15 years. I don;t get flare after I ate acidic food not on the same day,but I do suffered the next two days. For me it took 48 hours before I burn. Now I am under remission. I only use natural med to keep my symtoms under control.Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Re: IC symtoms relive

Hi,

I have a message board technical question please. When I joined the forum group a few days ago I uploaded an Avatar to use as my picture. It shows up on my profile page, but not in the forums when I post. Can someone tell my why it doesn't appear on my posts?

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer...

Kathi

Comment

Re: IC symtoms relive

Kathi,

You have to use one of the "canned" avatars if you want use some sort of photo or graphic next to your name in messages. Uploading photos to use in your profile is reserved for IC volunteers, staff, and board administrators. So even though there's an "Edit Profile Picture" there, it doesn't work the way you want it to. You can, however, upload a photo and use it your signature.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

Re: ICN posting guidelines

Hi Everyone! I was diagnosed with IC in 2008. I found this wonderful website and read about a man who started taking some herbs. I followed what he said and have been pain free for many years. Elmiron did not work for me. It made me sick. I also have irritable bowel syndrome along with overactive bladder now. I have had more bladder infections than I have fingers and toes. I have lost count.
          I went to an urgent care in California last September because of another bladder infection. I told the doctor I have IC and have bladder infections once or twice a year lately. So here is what he suggested and IT WORKS!!! Marshmallow root. I found it on Amazon.
          I also take quercetin and glucosamine with msm for IC. I have no more pain. It took about 2 months. I also take bromelain for the IBS.
          I just started taking pumpkin seed extract for overactive bladder. So far I have less trips to the bathroom. It seems like a lot of herbs, but it is so much better than all the medications the doctors were giving me.
          I eat and drink whatever I want now. I feel great. My doctor say's I'm boring because I'm so healthy.
          Just a quick note. I take the recommended dosage of what it say's on each supplement.
          Best wishes to you all ~
          Brenda

Comment

Newly diagnosed and having a major problem with pain. My urologist never bothered to tell me what this condition is, although he did a cytoscope and an installation. A nurse finally told me several days after the appointment. I was given a handout with the diet and told to take Prelief with meals. and to keep a log, wait several weeks, and make another appointment with the doctor. I have pretty high pain resistance but can't deal with severe pain 24/7. The doctor never gave me any guidelines other than taking Tylenol, but Tylenol and associated medicines have no effect. I am hoping there is something out there either by prescription or OTC that works. As it is now, my life has come to a complete halt; I cannot control the urgency, pain and intermittent incontinence and have become essentially helpless to conduct regular life tasks.

Comment

This is what I've taken since about 2008. It took about 2-3 weeks before pain was completely gone. I still take it as of today.
              Glucosamine with MSM - 1500 mg and Quercetin - 500 mg
              Do Not take glucosamine chondroitin it will make the pain worse
              Best wishes to you

Comment

Originally posted by caroSouth View Post
                Newly diagnosed and having a major problem with pain. My urologist never bothered to tell me what this condition is, although he did a cytoscope and an installation. A nurse finally told me several days after the appointment. I was given a handout with the diet and told to take Prelief with meals. and to keep a log, wait several weeks, and make another appointment with the doctor. I have pretty high pain resistance but can't deal with severe pain 24/7. The doctor never gave me any guidelines other than taking Tylenol, but Tylenol and associated medicines have no effect. I am hoping there is something out there either by prescription or OTC that works. As it is now, my life has come to a complete halt; I cannot control the urgency, pain and intermittent incontinence and have become essentially helpless to conduct regular life tasks.
                First of all, I'd like to say to the IC Network.

One thing I suggest is to keep a detailed diary to see if you can identify any food or drink that could be having an effect on your pain levels. The IC diet is a good starting point, but it's not 100% for every person with IC. The only supplement I am currently taking is Bladder Rest from the ICN Shop -- I take it on an "as needed" basis and it helps me with frequency and the discomfort that goes with frequency. You might also try Tums --- it helps me when I'm in a flare, plus it helps me get enough calcium.

I hope you have better days soon.

Donna
                Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                X