Cannot deny the truth anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Katheryn~
    Thank you so much for your kind reply to my post. I think I am finding my "zone" with the diet, meds, and supplememts, for I feel today almost as good as the day before my first flare on 12-13-16. I am being very strict on the IC diet and as well take 2 Preliefs with every meal. Adding an antihistamine at night has really improved the night spasms and pain in my bladder that I am sleeping almost through the night:-) I hope this "remission" is long lasting. The one draw back the last two days is that I have my very first flu since diagnosed. My options are pretty limited for fever, body aches, (which are horendous in my lower back and pelvic region...do to the IC, maybe?) and head congestion. Donna gave me the name of a medicine (the name escapes me for the moment) and it helped but nothing works like Thera-flu. One of its main ingredietns is citric acid - an absolute no with IC. But I 'll get through this cold no problem because this is nothing compared to the suffering I felt with IC.
    Thanks so much for your support. It is priceless to have others that truly can empathize and not just sympathize with you in regards to IC. This website has been life giving. Stay well...
    Peace
    Danica

Stopped taking Elmiron for the time being-- could not tolerate side effects

ADARAX 25mg at night and at times morning
    Calcium mag citrate w/ vit.D
    Prelief 8 to 10 a day
    Cystoprotek 4 a day
    MSM

~God's mercy and grace are infinite~

Comment

Hi Mellusk~
      I am glad to hear your Xrays came out normal...just know that you really cannot see soft tissue injuries on Xrays so if you continue to experience the pain get the MRI. I look forward to mine because my lower back, hip and pelvic region are quite painful right now with my first flu with IC. I just think something is going on that may be the trigger. Though my meds, diet and supplements have really seemed to kick in as far as some of the symptoms of IC-- like burning urination, and the spasming painful bladder. With my diligent maintance of the IC diet, I have improved. Now if I can just find an explanation for my lower back (sacrum), hip and pelvic pain...

Be well and keep me informed as tohow the physical therapy works:-)
      Peace
      Danica

Prelief 8 to 10 a day
      Cystoprotek 4 a day
      MSM

Comment

I had an interesting visit with the physical therapist today, and it turns out I do have a back condition after all. Spasming in my thoracic and lumbar regions, especially on my right side, slight compression of the joints between my vertebrae on the right, possibly some mild scoliosis and the beginnings of an arthritic condition in the compressed areas. Nothing earth-shattering, but definitely something that has to be worked on...and even if the ic isn't directly related, all this did spur me on to seek treatment for this, something I might not have done for years if I hadn't been forced to find out what was wrong with my urinary tract. She (the PT) said she could tell just looking at my back my muscles were overly tense. I'd definitely keep pursuing your own back issues, if anything, because the less pain you're in the less stress you're under, and that will be one less thing to aggravate your ic.

Comment

Mellusk~ I am soo glad that you have persued PT and discovered your back issues. I am so interested to know when your back condition improves whether your IC sypmtoms will ease up as well. I have been seeing my chiropractor DR. who has been working on decompressing my lower spine three times a week the last two weeks and I have to say, I have definitely felt better in my lower sacrum region. Certainly the tightening and the spasms of the psoas muscle complex has deminished. My IC continues to improve I believe with a combo of all the meds, supps, and chiro visits. I almost feel this is too good to be true....but I am enjoying every pain free moment, day, week....let me know how your PT visits go. Keep well:-)
          Peace
          Danica

Prelief 8 to 10 a day
          Cystoprotek 4 a day
          MSM

Comment

Working...
          X