any good medicine for sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any good medicine for sleeping

Hi, I was diagnosed in Dec and am still waking up 7 times a night. I tried Xanax and it is too difficult for me to drive in the am. I also tried Elavil and I still woke up in the night and was tired the next day. Is there anything good where you can drive the next morning ok. thanks

Have you ever tried Ambien or Lunesta?
    Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

no, I haven't . I wake up at 6. Is that enough time to sleep? Also I am about 105lbs so I don't know how strong they would be.

Comment

I have used both of them and I weigh less than 100 pounds. You should have at least 7-8 hours of sleep when you use them. Check with your doctor to see if you might be able to use a sleep aid. They have really helped me get some much needed rest.
        Take care
        Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

sleep meds

restoril has worked for me

Comment

Ambien

I like the regular Ambien, not the Ambien CR. I had a hard time sleeping with the CR. I do however sleep with the original Ambien for 6 hours a night and wake up non-drowsy.
            Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
            http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

I started taking ambien cr 12.5 mg even before I had my dx for ic. I've never been a very sound sleeper, and when I was prescribed to lexapro right before christmas it knocked me into full-blown insomnia. Personally, I love it, and I don't need to take it every night. I don't have the sleep-hangovers the next day, but some people do. I also take valerian capsules every night, and sometimes benadryl.

Comment

I tried melatonin, but that bothered my bladder. My doctor gave me Rozerum a month or two ago and I like it. I take it about every other night. I don't have trouble waking up the next morning, which is remarkable for me. I've never had trouble with insomnia, but instead am a very restless sleeper. The Rozerum helps keep me on track. Sometimes I go a couple of nights without it even.
                ~ Stacey

Comment

sleep

I took elavil while I was working, now I take trazodone, I don't take it every night, but it helps.

Comment

I have taken the ambien cr and it works well, with the exception of you can do things and not recall it.. I take the amien 5 mg now.. especially having a baby I need to be alert.
                    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Oh yes...I remember (or maybe not) those ambien moments. I was on Ambien for several months among other things. I used to have a great memory, but while I was on the Ambien, I was like a goose and woke up in a new world everyday. It was always an adventure to go rent movies at the video store. My hubby would always point out that yes, you have seen the movie, but go ahead and get it again! LOL.

I am on Restoril now for about 3 months and my body is already conquering the latest med. I really never required more than 6 hours of sleep, but I would at least like to get at least 4 to 5. I get so bored being up at night at times. I used to have energy and would get some of my housework done, but with all this time without getting my rest, the energy level is definitely gone!

My hubby and I went to eat Chinese food the other day. Chicken fried rice is one of the only dishes that I can still eat and I love Chinese food sooo much. Anyway, he pretty much drug me out of the house last Saturday afternoon since I was still in my pjs at 3:00 pm. When we got our fortune cookies, my fortune was "your energy is at a peak. Channel it into creative activities". I went home and watched HGTV (decorating on a dime). LOL!

Comment

Atarax, an anti-histamine, is good for sleep and has the added benefit of reducing nocturia. It comes in variable doses.
                        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Oh, one other thing that helped me was starting on Ditropan XL. Having my bladder relaxed lets me sleep longer without having to get up at night.
                          ~ Stacey

Comment

Now I really don't want to sound like Lindesy Wagner but that "# bed" is the best thing for a good night's sleep.

I am serious, a good mattress of any kind is the first line of defense. Think about how much time you spend in bed. I have a great pillow too. (I liked the bed so well I went back and bought the pillow..it also comes with a guarantee) I hope I didn't break any rules with this post. I really have no interest in the company and I don't work for them.
                            TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
                            My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
                            Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
                            I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
                            Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
                            Louann

Comment

I have trouble sleeping too... Should I talk to my uro about getting a meds to help me sleep or my primary dr?? I've tried tylenol pm but it says you should take it regularly. I toss and turn all night. Get up and pee... get up b/c i'm thirsty. It's horrible, Which dr did you all talk to about geting some sleeping meds??
                              ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
                              Love like you've never been hurt
                              Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Working...
                              X