Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This lady who wrote this book was recently on

www.quackwatch.org

I believe we've had in depth conversations regarding this IC "Solution" book before.

My advice is to read the books that are listed at the top of this webpage, and in the ICN shop. They've been tested, tried and true by so many IC'ers. The only answer to IC is that there really IS no answer and I've always felt this woman was out to make the almighty dollar!

::zips lips and slinks back into the corner::

*IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

You're right, forget her. She didn't invent the idea of these cultures, she's just the first place I've heard about it from. Check out BJ Czarapata, a practicener(sp?) in MD who does those cultures and uses long term antibiodics that target unusual bacteria, for, I repeat, SOME of her patients, and she has had SOME success. She also does yeast treatment, I believe.
      Please don't ever say such pessimistic things. People have found treatments that work for them. Maybe not "cures", but treatments that significantly improved their lives. Aren't there people on this website who are in remission? Didn't some of them find good solutions? Everyone keeps saying that people never go into complete remission, it always comes back. But people are doing different treatments than they used to, and if some people have been in remission for a few years or even one year due to these treatments, who is to say that they will absolutely have flares again? People survive cancer, ok? I believe our illnesses will continue to be better understood, and people will recieve better and better treatment. It's not a death sentence written in stone! Sure, it's a huge often frustrating challenge to say the least, one many of us find to difficult to face, so we just let ourselves suffer. But, for instance, I just started lyrica, and I am feeling better each day. If I have to be dependant on lyrica and lifestyle changes for the rest of my life, I guess I am not "cured". But if those things can take away my pain, then I will feel that I have been relieved of this burden. Sure it totally sucks to have to give up the things I love to eat, pretty much all my favorite foods are forbidden. Not to mention I've only been of drinking age for a year and a half, and I feel left out when I go out with my friends. But I finally feel that these things are a worthwhile sacrifice if I can have my body back.
      Kate

Low acid diet, no chocolate or alcohol-well, when I'm flaring
      water awareness. I make sure I am never even a little bit dehydrated.
      tried dmso-they are some form of medieval torture and didn't help me.
      papaya
      yoga

Have you ever taken care of a plant? You can cut off leaves, stems, branches, and the plant just keeps growing. Living things all contain the ability to heal, we are not so delicate as they tell us.

Comment

Working...
      X