Coffee??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee??

Hello everyone. I was just diagnosed with IC last week. I wanted to ask if anyone has tried Folgers Sinply Smooth?? I am desoerate to find a coffee that I can drink. I am having caffeine withdrawl. I have had a headache for days now. Also wanted to know what else I can drink besides water and milk. Any juices? gatoraide?

Sara

Low acid coffee and Teeccino

Hi~ I am also new to IC and was prior to diagnosis was COMPLETELY addicted to caffeine. My favorite was Starbucks Soy latte. I really miss it... I haven't had one since Dec. 13,06 and it has been very difficult. I tried Simply Smooth and it was somewhat bothersome. I tried taking Prelief prior to drinking it and it was better but still gave me a small jolt of burn that lasted for a while. So I have concluded that the pain wasn't worth it.

Good news though, I did find a really low acid coffee at Trader Joes and if I wasn't flaring I would have one cup. Happily, it did not flare me. The flavor is a bit flat for coffee but I have discovered a new product called TEECCINO (vanilla Nut) at Henry's Market. I think the IC store sells it. It is a bit pricey but it tastes really good. What I do is put a little bit (1/2 tsp) of the Trader Joes Low Acid coffee and use 1 tsp of the teeccino and it surprisingly brews a really good cup. The Teeccino is made from roasted barley, chicory root, dates, almonds, and other wholesome ingredients. On the label it even says it is alkaline and helps reduce acidity. So far it has been great. Try it slowly and see if your bladder can tolerate it.
    Good luck.
    Peace
    Danica

Stopped taking Elmiron for the time being-- could not tolerate side effects

ADARAX 25mg at night and at times morning
    Calcium mag citrate w/ vit.D
    Prelief 8 to 10 a day
    Cystoprotek 4 a day
    MSM

~God's mercy and grace are infinite~

Comment

PS in re: to coffee

Me again...It is VITAL that you drink water that is high in alkalinity/low in acid.
      I've tested many waters including my tap water, and distilled. The two that I find are highest in alkalinity are Evian (pricey) and Arrowhead (red label). I assumed that distilled water would be the best, but it turns out it is acidic.
      Use either one to drink and to make your Teeccino with.
      Take care
      Last edited by Danica; 02-18-2007, 04:20 PM.
      Peace
      Danica

Prelief 8 to 10 a day
      Cystoprotek 4 a day
      MSM

Comment

mountian ice is good to me Kool-aide is ic friendly.. not the ones with red tho.. I can actually drink lime one, grape, and orange. weird huh..

I can handle masterblend maxwell house, folders in the red can.. I do use coffee tammer too.
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I can't do regular coffee, but I do buy the Puroast House Blend Decaf (acid reduced coffee) for sale in the ICN shop (link at the top of the page). I make it in the Toddy Maker (also for sale in the ICN shop), which further reduces the acid. I dilute it with milk & take Prelief. I'm super-diet sensitive though, so that's a little drastic, but it does give you another option if the Folgers Simply Smooth doesn't work out... (I'd try that first, much more convenient!)
          Cheers-
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Oh, other beverages...

I drink Looza brand pear nectar, like it with lots of ice. (I get it at Whole Foods)
            Also 100% Blueberry juice.
            I'm okay with pure peppermint tea, though I wasn't when I first got IC.

Hope you find some things you like...
            Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
            I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
            Source - Pinterest
            "

Current treatments:
            -IC diet
            -Elavil 50mg at night
            -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
            -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
            -Pyridium if needed,
            -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
            -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
            -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
            -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
            -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
            -Managing stress= VERY important!
            -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Coffee tamer?

Hi Tigger Gal~
              What is Coffee tamer? I will try anything to bring back a real cup of coffee. I do like the Teeccino a lot but a real cup in the morning would be heavenly.

Kadi pear nectar sounds really good. Look forward to trying it. And who would have ever thunk it... an IC bladder can handle cool aid
              Peace
              Danica

Prelief 8 to 10 a day
              Cystoprotek 4 a day
              MSM

Comment

I can drink most decaf coffees even though they have some caffeine in them, but I also take prelief with my morning cups..
                Hugs
                Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
                http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
                http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
                Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
                Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Coffee Tamer is an acid reducer that you can put in coffee. I couldn't get it to dissolve. I can drink one cup of low acid coffee in the morning.

Donna
                  Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                  Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                  Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

[3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I drink Kava, which is an instant coffee that is over 90% acid reduced. I'm able to find it in the grocery store in the coffee aisle. When I'm having a really good day I can do a cup of real coffee as long as I take a couple of Prelief with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X