X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica
    replied
    ABliske~
    You know, ever since I began taking the Prelief at every meal and drinking a lot of Evian water, all my symptoms of the IC have improved. It almost seems to good to be true. Definitely the burning before and after urination (sometimes for excruciating hours after) improved. Do you have a burning sensation especially when you have to void? I know for me even if I haven't eaten for a while I had tremendous burn, probably from eating or drinking something earlier that set me up for a flare. Since I have added Prelief to my routine 2 tablets at meal time, and also lots of Evian water, I have truly felt much better. Not all my symptoms are gone but all are better,
    ESPECIALLY the burn. At night is when I seem to most have the painful spasms (those have improved too but not gone). For that along with taking Elavil, I use my BED BUDDY microwavable heating pack. I tuck it between my legs and over my bladder at bed time and everything eventually calms down. I even many times before the heat pack take a VERY warm bath and that really helps too. Give it a try...Let me know how you do.
    Take care

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    Thank you. I'm going to Wallgreens today, so I'll look for it. I have such awful bladder pain even when I don't eat. Would it possibly help with that?

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Dezcha~ Thanks for the great idea about sprinkling Prelief on my pasta. I have to say one of the foods I miss the most is tomatoes. I have this wonderful pasta recipe handed down for generations by my great, great Grandma from Croatia (across from Italy on the Adriatic) We had plans to go this summer for a couple of months to be with tons of family, but now that IC has flooded my life, I just don't know if I am ready to leave the country.
    Anyway, I thank God for the relief from the burn before and after unrination I used to get prior to Prelief. The burn is almost totally gone. Currently I am still left with pressure/spasms of the bladder mainly at night but my hot baths, and the Elavil help with that. I believe adding Prelief and Evian water (loads of it--ouch-- so pricey) to the other meds have made a large improvement in how I feel. I hope it is long lasting....:-)

Ohh, before I forget...I stopped taking Elmiron for now...I just coudn't stand the side effects anymore. they were almost as bad as the IC itself...:-(
    Take care.

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    You could buy in on this website in the IC shop. I have found it in walgreens and as well as Rite Aid but if all else fails the IC shop definitely has it. GOOD LUCK!!:-)

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    tHAT'S Great!!! Where do you buy Prelief? I tried a couple pharmacies and they didn't have it. My doctor hasn't mentioned it.

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Hi Kristen~ I wish we lived closer because I'd pop over right now and have a a "water tasting" with you (instead of a wine tasting that I love doing with my husband on vacations). Unfortunately, I live in Orange County , California. Thanks for the link to the website...I will definitley explore it:-)
    Take care.

Leave a comment:

• DEZCHA
    replied
    prelief

i use prelief and it is helpful im also on pyridium 3 times a day. the prelief i get is in pill form and it costs about$10.00(california) with some foods it seems to work better if i sprinkle it on there, like spaghetti. so my friend found me a tiny mortar and pasil to grind my own so i put in a few pills and grind them, sprinkle what i need on my food and enjoy.!!
    dezcha

Leave a comment:

• DEZCHA
    replied
    danica

i started elmiron and had awful headaches , so i stopped it , i dont usually get headaches so i related it to the elmiron, my flares are bad and so i decided to try it again, this time only one pill a day not 3. the headaches are gone now im trying to add a second pill , ask your dr if you can do this and buiild up slowly to the 3 times a day ,
    dezcha

Leave a comment:

• Kirsten
    replied
    Nikken water website

Hi Danica,
    Yes, Nikken has a website http://www.nikken.com
    But I'veposted the direct link to the water page for you below:

http://www.nikken.com/product.cfm?Th...etProductID=19

Just copy and paste this into your browser and it should zip you right to the water info.

You can find out about all of their different products. If you live near me in Vancouver, BC. If you did you could try some of my water and see if it worked for you. That's what I did before I purchased the filter.

Kirsten

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Hi Kirsten~
    I'm interested....Is there a website for NIkken water? Currently Evian has been a tremendous difference along with the Prelief tabs. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Kirsten
    replied
    Nikken water has really helped me manage IC pain!

Hi everyone,
    I am a new member to this site and wanted to share the success I've had in managing the pain of IC. First a bit about me, I was first diagnosed with IC when I was 23 and I'm now 35. I've had baldder problems off and on during childhood and have gone through everything that others here have talked about: urethral stretchings, medications like Elmiron and all of the other drugs and implants into the bladder that my urologist has recommended over the years. Nothing really helped me and sometimes the side effects were worse than the IC.

A nurse suggested that I drink baking soda in water to alleviate the symptoms and so I would take a little bag of baking soda with me in my purse every where I went! The baking soda would change the acidity in my baldder, which would take away the pain of a flare up almost immediately. But it tastes awful,like drinking ocean water! So I went on a mission to look for better alternatives that I could use that would alter the acidity level in my baldder.

Then my mum heard about Nikken. Nikken is a Japanese company that produces health and wellness products. They have a water filter system that alkalizes the water as it comes out of the tap. I tried it first for two weeks and found that if I drank several glasses of this Nikken water every day I had no pain. NO PAIN! It was a miracle! I bought a water filtration system for my house and drink from it every day. As long as I drink about 8 glasses of this special water every day, I have no pain. I even bought a travel water bottle that alkalizes the water in the same way so that I can take it anywhere I go. As long as I drink from it periodically throughout the day, my pain is under control. No one would suspect that I have a problem since all they see is me drinking water. It tastes great and even better is that the filter adds natural minerals to the water so it's much better for you than drinking other kinds of filtered. Filtered water loses its healthy minerals through most filtration systems and that's why it's often called dead water. Scientists say that reverse osmosis actually acidifies the water, which is the worst thing you can drink if you have IC.

Needless to say I've learned a lot about water and about the different and unhealthy kinds of water filtration out there. After struggling with side effects from various drugs, I'm happy to simply drink water that is good for me anyway, and still manage my IC pain in the process.

Good luck to everyone out there and please feel free to ask me any questions about the Nikken system if you're curious. I should add that I am not a sales rep. for Nikken and do not stand to profit personally for sharing this information.

Kirsten

Leave a comment:

• Tracey5399
    replied
    Cool, glad you found something that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    IC is such a crazy illness. Why does a certain medication work so well in others like Prelief but not as well in others? IC is so fickle.
    Anyway, Walgreens sells Prelief for $13.00 and Rite Aid has it for around $11.00. (Orange County, CA)
    It is worth the price--anything to not have the excruciating burn...
    Take care~

Leave a comment:

• Lisalady01962
    replied
    prelief

I've had a good experience using Prelief also....its a bit pricey, but worth having on hand.

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Prelief

Hi everyone, I guess I should make clear how Prelief has helped me. It has really been amazing for the burning pre and post urination that would last for hours. I truly do not burn like I did for the last few days since starting Prelief. Where it did not make much of an impact is the painful bladder spasms and vuvla irritation. Has anyone had any favorable relief from using Ultracet? What non-narcotic pain relievers can I use?
    Thanks and take care.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X