Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my diagnosis finally

Hi All,
    I've posted on under two other headings but I can finally come here and post. My PC at home is on the fritz so in process of replacing, until then using a remote location so my post is late coming and I can't check in nearly as often as I'd like I had a lap/D&C/hydro/cytoscopy on Feb
    13. I was so scared (as I am overweight) but everything went well. Ob/gyn found no endo (thank god!) and she looked all over from what she told me, up and down, back and front. My bladder in her words "really bad",I think my bladder is your typical IC bladder, uro told my hubby it was "small" and that he streched it. I've got a lovely set of pics I will assume were taken during the hydro. They look just like the ones I've seen posted here. I didn't speak to uro after surgery He was booked back to back in the O.R., he doesn't want to see me for 6weeks but ob/gyn came during recovery and thought was too long and will see me next week to start treatment I guess. I am so thankful that this almost 9 month quest has come to a conclusion and I can begin a new quest of treatment and healing. Thank you to all on this network for your kind words since I found you in Dec. With no PC at home I won't be able to visit as often as I'd like, but by months end I should be up and running again :woohoo: Best wishes to you all till then.
    Ellen
    Diag IC 2/07
    Meds: Elmiron 100mg 3x day
    Anxiety since 2001
    Meds: sometimes nothing, right now xanax
    TMJ(jaw joint trouble)
    Meds: no present treatment

I'm sorry to hear that it IS IC... but at least you know what it is and can begin treatments to help you feel better.

Hope the PC issue gets straightened out ASAP too!
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Ellen,
      I am sorry that your diagnosis was IC, but glad that at least you have an answer finally. And, at least you don't have any endo to complicate matters.

Good luck on the PC situation and at your appointment with your ob/gyn.

Claudia

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
      ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
      back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

I'm sorry it's IC, but the good news is, you should be able to start treatments now, and hopefully you'll soon be back to your old self again and feeling much better!

Blessings,
        Lori

Comment

I'm glad to hear you have your diagnosis, for me that was the worst part the not knowing! Sorry to hear it's IC though but there are many, many ways to cope with it.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
          Jen
          Medically diagnosed Post Menopause 9-13, unsure for how long! Have: IC, IBS-C, arthritis, carpal tunnel, hypoglycemia, RLS, seasonal sinusitis, depression, anxiety, infertility, hormone imbalance.

Please read Screaming to be heard by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet. I do deep cleansing breathing & relaxation morning & night along with doing Yoga everynight now, it's been a huge blessing for my body! Born & raised in Michigan, relocated to Oklahoma in 9/09. Please Don't stop anti depressants or mood stabilizers "cold turkey"!

http://www.icawareness.com/stories.html

Jen Meier Cascaddan on Facebook

Married for 21 years, have 2 cats that are my "boys"

Comment

Working...
          X