hello from Italy!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from Italy!!!!

Hallo all, I'm Lilia from Italy. I have IC too. I only want to tell you that here in Italy there are many IC patients, so you are not alone.I always pray for all us around the world, and i'm sure that soon a cure will be found.
    Are there an Italo-american icer?
    I thank all you, american girls, because you helped me a lot.
    Lilia

Hi Lilia,

sorry to hear you have ic. I have ic too. I was diagnosed oct 2006. where abouts are you in italy? I am a born australian but both my parents were born in abruzzo, italy. both my husband and I travelled to italy in 2005, we saw so many beautiful places. Are you italian? are you travelling?
    Formerly lorenab

Comment

I am glad you found us, you will find a wealth of info with in these pages.
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Welcome to ICN Lilia!

I'm not of Italian descent, but would love to visit your country some day. All the great art there! Wow!

Vicki
        "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

Lilia that is so sweet of you to pray for all of us, thank you for your kindness.
          I am sorry that you have IC, but I hope this place will help you find things you can do to make it easier on you.

Hugs, Trishann

Comment

Welcome

Bienvenida Amiga Lilia, you have come to the right place.

Muchas Gracias for your prayers.
            Blessings,
            Ruth

Comment

Hi Lilia~ My family's from across the Adriatic from you, Croatia. My Grandma's (Baba) house is a stones through from the water and when we were kids we would swim in the summer every day. When I went to Croatia in the Fall time, my family would take an express boat across the Adriatic to shop for winter clothes in Trijest. I haven't been back in 20 years but my family and I plan to go this summer (if my IC is managed). I live in California now but really miss Croatia very much and look forward to seeing my Grandma again. She is 85 years strong:-) She still makes wine and olive oil and picks cherries that I used to eat by the handful...
              Well take care and looking forward to hearing more from you. What is your routine for managing IC?
              Take care
              Peace
              Danica

Stopped taking Elmiron for the time being-- could not tolerate side effects

ADARAX 25mg at night and at times morning
              Calcium mag citrate w/ vit.D
              Prelief 8 to 10 a day
              Cystoprotek 4 a day
              MSM

~God's mercy and grace are infinite~

Comment

Welcome.....
                I can't wait to get to Italy. My best friend and I are going in 2 years when we turn 50. I just can't wait. I'm so excited. The only bad thing about being in Italy for me will be I'll be in a lot of pain because I will drink the wine. Wine kills me, but I won't go to Italy and not drink the wine. I can't wait. You're so lucky to live somewhere so beautiful. We will be going to Tuscany, where are you?
                Karen

Comment

Hi Lilia!
                  Thank you for the prayers & welcome to the ICN
                  Sending you best wishes for health & happiness!--
                  Kadi
                  Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                  I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                  Source - Pinterest
                  "

Current treatments:
                  -IC diet
                  -Elavil 50mg at night
                  -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                  -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                  -Pyridium if needed,
                  -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                  -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                  -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                  -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                  -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                  -Managing stress= VERY important!
                  -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
                  X