Coffee Tamer????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Tamer????

Ok. It has been 3 weeks now and I am desperate for a cup of coffee. I have been reading on the boards about the Low acid coffes and a few of you have mentioned coffee tamer. Can someone please tell me where I can get this? I purchased some prelief yesterday and I am looking forward to trying it. I can honestly say that being diagnosed with IC has made me realize how much I took for granted everyday. It is humbling to say the least. My husband still is having a hard time with this. The medical diet is the hardest for me. I want to try some of the things that have been mentioned on the boards but i am literally scared to death to even try something new. That sounds so silly.

I just know that having this site and forum has been a lifesaver for me.

Sara

Hi Sara. I know what you mean about missing the coffee. Now each person reacts differently to various foodstuffs but I have found that I can take decaffeinated coffee quite well.
    I always ask for a double shot. Some people say "why bother? its only decaf anyway" but its the flavour that I miss the most. So its a low fat, double shot latte for me!
    Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

I've never tried coffee tamer, but I can manage about half a mug of regular coffee with a lot of prelief. I have been diagnosed for two years, and in all that time I hadn't managed to give up coffee. But recently someone gave us some white tea. Now, I had never heard of it before, but we read about it and it's the least processed of all the teas, and is supposed to have even more anti-oxidants than green tea. And it has the least caffiene and acid. So I tried some. I really, really, loved the flavor, but it probably isn't for everyone. First time I had a mugful, I forgot all about the prelief and had no problems. But I've been taking the prelief since then just to be as careful as possible.

I really think, if you can, you should stay away from the coffee and other really big no-no's for as long as you can, to give your poor bladder as much time as possible to rest and heal. It's hard. But when you joined the ICN, you just made about 15,000 new friends who will all give you all the support they can!

Good luck.
      Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
      Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I used to drink decaffeinated with coffee Tamer, it's available through Ph Sciences, it may even be in the ICN's store I haven't checked out that yet. If you can't find it e-mail me & I can get you the website link, can't post it here due to the guidelines. If you can, look in the grocery store, they should have some low acid coffee's there depending upon the size of the store, ask a manager or store clerk if you don't see it & if they are able to order it. I will prepare you, if you haven't tried low acid coffee, it does taste different, in my opinion. I preferred decafeinated coffee with the Coffee Tamer in it, I couldn't taste the difference. The acid & caffeine & in pop and coffee are really bad for the bladder & bowel. You could try taking a Prelief when you're drinking it though & see if that helps, definitely limit the amount you consume.
        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
        Jen
        Medically diagnosed Post Menopause 9-13, unsure for how long! Have: IC, IBS-C, arthritis, carpal tunnel, hypoglycemia, RLS, seasonal sinusitis, depression, anxiety, infertility, hormone imbalance.

Please read Screaming to be heard by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet. I do deep cleansing breathing & relaxation morning & night along with doing Yoga everynight now, it's been a huge blessing for my body! Born & raised in Michigan, relocated to Oklahoma in 9/09. Please Don't stop anti depressants or mood stabilizers "cold turkey"!

http://www.icawareness.com/stories.html

Jen Meier Cascaddan on Facebook

Married for 21 years, have 2 cats that are my "boys"

Comment

I'm jealous, I can't even look at a cup of regular coffee without going into a mega-flare. However, I enjoy a cup of decaf every now and then with some prelief and the only symptom is that I get bloated. So it's a trade-off, I guess.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
          ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
          back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Working...
          X