Does anyone else have this problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else have this problem

So I am onyl really in pain (burning) after I pee, and sometimes while I am peeing. My burning sometimes last for about 20-30 minutes afterwards also. Or sometimes to take a bath. Well last night it was so irritated burning I took some tylenol. But also I was wondering when I wipe after I pee, that is what really hurts. Does anyone else have this problem. It is like SSOOOO tender, and it takes me a good while in the restroom just because of the aftereffects of going to the bathroom I have to wipe like 4-5 times because it also always feels like there is excess liquid. It is weird, and sometimes I itch but that is not associated when I go to the bathroom. I will just start to itch externally and random times in the day. Last sunday I was at the mall, and my whole day was ruined and I almost had to come home because it was so bad. And I got that pottasium test and my doctor said with all of my symptoms and from what I told him, and the results of that test it looked like I a mild case of IC. What the heck, can anyone tell me if this is what you go through. Thanks

Christi

P.S. My doctor did a culture of my urine 2x and it was normal, and do yes other things have been rules out

Oh and one more thing. Sometimes I will just be just living my daily life, and it will feel like I need to wipe myself. Sorry for the vulgarity. But this is so true. Like I could be out to dinner, and suddenly my vagina will get irritated and I feel like I need to wipe or something. I dont know how else to explain. Its just weird, and has been a weird process ever since last october I have had these problems

Comment

Christi...Hello and welcome!

It could be a number of things making you burn and itch..
      A yeast infection is one and if this is ruled out then it could be something in your diet, I know I cannot eat anything with alot of acid or my urine will have to much acid in it and burn really bad..

Another thing that comes to mind is Vulvadynia, this will cause burning and some itching, if you search the board you can find alot of information on it..

Also it could be your laundry detergent or soap that you bath with..
      So the only way to find out what is causing it, is to to the trial and error test .. Like quit eating or drinking anything with acid, if it dont stop, try using a milder soap.. and so on...

If you read the patience handbook there is alot of good info in there and also the IC is great...

Hope you find what is causing this, also you can buy uristat over the counter this will help the burning....Also drink lots of water this will dilute your urine...
      If you need anything else just ask
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I would think the itching might be a yeast infection. The burning is part of IC. A lot of IC'ers cannot take a bath because of burning. You might want to change your toliet paper to see if that will help..
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Thanks for all of the info thus far. Yeah they say that I dont have a yeast infection. My doctor actually said that the itching might be a histamine reaction to the burning. Does everyone on this board burn all of the time or just when you pee?? I am learning as I go
          Thanks

PS. I have changed my bath soaps and all of that months and months ago, but maybe I will change my toilet tissue thats a good idea. All though I dont know if it will help, since I have the feeling even when I am not going to the bathroom

Comment

oh and I forgot one more thing. A bath actually soothes my burning, it feels good with the warm water. Does it sound like I have IC?? My doctor said I do?? hhhmmm.

Comment

It may be IC.. Do you have any pain in the bladder area?
              But I strongly suggest you research Vulvadynia
              Hugs
              Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
              Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
              Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

maybe a touch of pain but not really it is just usually burning and itching. My doctor put me on elmiron for a year, so I guess we will see if it works. hhmm oh and this came out of the blue last october. Me and my husband had rough sex on a tuesday, then wednesday I got my period and then on thursday morning I awoke with the WORST burning EVER. I originally had a bladder infection or so they say. But since the my life has never been the same.

Comment

Here Christi..

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vul...159/DSECTION=2
                  Hugs
                  Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Oh I am SSO sorry to keep on writing. So, it also sometime feels like a buzzing in my vagina, or external labia. But when I burn it is in my urethra. So how could it be vulvodynia?? And the itching is on the top skin the outer part down there

Comment

Hummm.. Well I have the buzzing feeling to and I just thought it comes with IC..
                      Vulvodynia can make you itch on top, because when I have a flare thats where mine starts...
                      And I it feels like im on fire when I pee...
                      Hugs
                      Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Oh one more thing..It could be PFD.....Pelvic Floor Disfuntion..
                        Hugs
                        Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Rosalie,
                          Are you just wanting to post a link to your video? If so putfile.com is a great place to put your videos and then you can send a link to the group. Also, you can put video on photobucket, but that might be one of the features of the paid account. Let me know if that is not what you meant and I'll try to help you out another way.
                          hugs,
                          Janie

Comment

I describe my pain as a backward UTI. I hurts after I stop peeing.

I have another pain I sometimes have is when I wake up in the middle of the night and instantly know I needed an instll....bladder overfill.

I have mild IC and it is under control right now.
                            TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
                            My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
                            Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
                            I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
                            Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
                            Louann

Comment

I'm newly diagnosed as well

but was orginally diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis (falls under vulvodynia). Now that I am on the IC diet, I feel so much better.

I don't experience burning while I urinate usually. I experience pelvic pressure and pain as the bladder fills. Lots of urgency. The warning that I have to pee is burning.

However, I have general burning out of nowhere. It comes and goes in the entire area esp. the vestibule of the vulva. I have even had redness and swelling there.

I find that itching can be caused by a few factors. I believe that different people "feel" things differently. To one person, it may feel like an itch, to another it may feel like a burn. I have burning. Never itching even when I've had very bad yeast infections.

I also find that rinsing with lukewarm water EVERY time I go to the bathroom, esp. during my period, helps so much. If the urine is very acidic and comes into contact with the vulva and stays there, it can end up hurting.

Also, the only soap I can use is Kiss My Face Pure Olive Oil Soap. I use it only on the outside of the inner labia to wipe off sebum. Water alone doesn't work. And I find a buildup of that to be quite painful esp. to the clitoris.

Also, you mention that you wipe, and that you feel sometimes like you need to wipe. Don't wipe. Pat. Roll the TP around your hand and pat dry.
                              I cannot use Charmin. I find the cheaper the paper, the better I tolerate it.

Also, don't let shampoo or conditioner run down your body into your groin where it can enter the urethra. It burns like holy you know where.

I hope some of these tips for coping with vulvodynia can help you. Even if you don't have it, the two conditions are very similar, if not actually the same.
                              Sonja

Dx: Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy/Congestive Heart Failure-1997, Vulvar Vestibulitis-2006, IC-Feb 2007, Atrophic Vaginitis 08, Heavy Long and Painful Periods leading to Partial Hysterectomy-2007, Rectal Fissure-2007, Pelvic Floor Dysfuntion-2008, Post-Menopausal-2010

Meds: Coreg, Elmiron, Elestrin, Est/Test Topical Gel, Valium Suppositories, Lyrica, Dyrenium to counteract edema from Lyrica, Pain Meds.

IC Diet: Very diet sensitive, esp. to spices.

Comment

Working...
                              X