X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sandramac
    replied
    Hi
    Welcome to the ICN, It sounds like Ic ,Start a daily journal of your cycles & symptons , I find my Ic is very hormone related during ovulation & pre period. Big time pain! I hope you are able to find some relief, Also look into the patient handbook & try the Ic diet. Food is also a big trigger.
    Hugs Sandra

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    I take Elmiron twice a day, two tablets. I don't think it's particularly uncommon. That's the last thing you should worry about right now. Just start educating yourself about the condition; this site is a great place for that. The patient handbook is the first thing to look at, and you can start the recommended IC diet any time you're ready. If you educate yourself about IC, you will be better prepared for your next appointment with the doctor, and hopefully won't be left scratching your head again.

Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• chicakms
    replied
    Thanks guys.

My GP recommended this doctor to me. My last urologist was a man and he was old, my dad went to him for his prostate now he retired so I needed to find a new doctor. This new doctor I like, she's pretty young so probabably more up to date on new conditions and she's female. I like women doctors for problems between the legs :-) My old urologist kept saying I had a stricture, and when Dr. Li my new doc went in she didn't find one this time.

Did you guys have to wait a long time to find out what you have and how to deal with it?

I see most people take Elmiron 3 times a day my doctor prescribed it to me twice a day. I wonder why?

Karen

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I agree -- sounds like he has made his IC diagnosis! to the ICN...

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Elmiron is the only drug that treats IC. Hey, I take my hat off to him, at least he gave you something for the pain. Not many doctors(urologists) are that compassionate. Good Luck and hope the elmiron helps you.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'd have to agree.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• smcclafferty
    replied
    Since the only thing Elmiron is given for is Interstitial Cystitis, I would say that he believes that is what you have.

Leave a comment:

• chicakms
    started a topic New

New

Hi, I'm 27 and I just had a cystoscopy yesterday. The doctor didn't talk to me after the procedure but talked with my parents she showed my parents pictures from the cystoscopy and said she found irritation and gave me two prescriptions for Vicoden and Elmiron. My after-care paper work said to schedule an appointment with the doctor in 3-4 weeks.

The doctor suspected IC when she suggested I get the cystoscopy done. So I'm guessing since she gave me the Elmiron that is what I have. Do they prescribe it for any other reason?

I've been plagued with burning since I was about 11 when my period first started. The doctors originally always said it was a UTI but through the years the tests rarely showed any bacteria. I had a cystoscopy done about 9 years ago but it was for a urethral stricture and nothing else was found.

In your opinion do you think I have IC judging by what the doc prescribed me?
Working...
X