Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    IC and EC are actually different. The IC Network does have a section explaining EC.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• toby75
    replied
    eosinophilic cystitis is very similar to IC, infact they use the same treatment plans as IC. It seems they use a lot of steriods to treat it and also they use DMSO. I wonder if it could just be a variation of IC??

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied
    Sorry to hear of your Dio, Glad you found us. And most of all please stay. We are all here together for support & knowledge.
    Hugs Sandra

Leave a comment:

• kjd
    replied
    Hey dont worry! you might still have IC!

at the end of the day your symptoms are still bladder related and painful so we will help you
    x

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Prettyeyes,

Did you have a Hydrodistention or just an office cysto? I was wondering because sometimes without the distention IC can not be detected..From what I understand it takes a hydrodistention to be forsure its IC...

Leave a comment:

• prettyeyes
    replied
    Thanks to all of you. It is a great pleasure to know I have support.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    This is great news for you. Please continue to post, were all here to support one another.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    yes please post anywhere you want. We are here to support each other.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You are totally welcome on any of the forums. If we can help with support, it's why we're here.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    The EC forum is the very last one at the bottom of the page, so you might have missed seeing it. But you will always be welcome to post in all the forums; we all suffer from similar problems and can continue helping each other out!

I am happy to hear that you have obtained a clear diagnosis and treatment plan. That's great news, and of course all the people who know you on this forum would want to know that.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Berkshire Road; 03-29-2007, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• prettyeyes
    replied
    Thanks for the replies. I am not sure if there is a section here for EC. I will check around. The treatments for EC are steroids and antihistimines. I know alot of IC'ers take antihistimines.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    Welcome! EC...IC...makes no difference to us. You still have bladder pain and we can offer support!

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    What is the difference in terms of treatments with Eosinophilic cystitis and IC? Are the treatments the same? I had some eosinophilis found on my upper endoscopy once. I think they only consider it a problem if there are many numbers of them found. The ones in the esophagus may be different than the ones in the bladder though, I am not sure.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Hi,

Isn't there a section for EC here as well? I'm sure no one would want you to leave hon.

HUGS,
    Moonheart

Leave a comment:

• prettyeyes
    started a topic I Was So Sure It Was IC

I Was So Sure It Was IC

I was diagnosed with eosinophilic cystitis yesterday. I was so sure that it was IC. My main complaints are very painful urination and severe blood in my urine. These symptoms are very common with eosinophilic cystitis. I had a cystoscopy and a deep bladder biopsy on 03/22/07. The cystoscopy showed a severely inflammed bladder. When the Doctor got my pathology report it said I had extremely high levels of eosinophil cells. This makes no sense to me because I was abused as a child and I thought that was the cause of all my symptoms. I just thought I would share my news and I hope I can still come here for support. Everyone is so wonderful here.
    Last edited by prettyeyes; 03-29-2007, 12:56 PM.
Working...
X