Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kari1980
    replied
    It is sadly exactly for these reasons and my own bad care I received that I have no faith or trust in doctors anymore! And that's sad.....

Kari

Leave a comment:

• mlch
    replied
    Originally posted by soccermom32 View Post

Makes me mad!!!
    You have every right to be mad. I never realized until IC how many doctors are ignorant, rude, and just plain bad doctors. It definitely is a problem for us ICers.

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    Your not alone feeling like things could have been caught earlier since they were brought to the doctors attention but instead were dismissed!

I mean I suspect my PFD was known by my gastro back in 1990 but no one recommended pt...and now PFD has progressed to prolapse!

Feel for you!

Leave a comment:

• almaarlt
    replied
    Trust me, i could write the book on bad gyns! I saw about a dozen of of them over 13 years before being diagnosed with endometriosis and another 6 gyns before being diagnosed with IC. I've been told that the symptoms are 'just a woman thing,' that the pain's all in my head, and have been told by 4 gyns that i need a hysterectomy. To me, that's not just bad doctoring, but negligence.

I really wish there were more understanding docs out there who don't just write us off as 'hysterical females.' IC is a very real, very painful and very common condition. You'd think they'd be taught more about it in med school...

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    add me to the list of moron gyns. mine told my husband that there was nothing wrong with me. I was only seeking his attention, take me home and explain to me that there is nothing wrong. needless to say at the tome he stayed drunk, and caused a massive fight between us.. some people are not cut out to be doctors. ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

Leave a comment:

• soccermom32
    started a topic You know what makes me REALLY mad?

You know what makes me REALLY mad?

I have severe pelvic floor dysfunction for which I am in therapy. PFD causes a lot of my pelvic pain. PFD is more painful than my IC right now.

What makes me mad is that after I had my daughter almost 4 years ago I KNEW something was wrong. I would go to my gynocologist and asked her if I looked right, was I sewn up wrong etc....and she said I was "fine." I even told her that I was leaking some urine and that I couldn't hold a tampon in. As soon as anything hit the tampon it would literally fall out. I TOLD her this & her general attitude was, "yup, that can happen after you have a baby."

I will ALWAYS wonder what would have happened had I had a doctor who said, "NO, that's NOT normal, you need PT" if I'd be where I am today. Would I be here with severe pelvic pain and IC?

I know it doesn't matter to wonder such a thing but I really feel like my medical care was poor these past 4 years. How many other women are suffering under this gynocologist b/c she is ignorant to PFD and/or IC??

Makes me mad!!!
Working...
X