Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    For the lower back pain, I always use my heating pad, that may sound obvious but some people don't think about it. If you have some pain meds I would take those and drink lots of water to keep everything moving through your bladder. Hope you feel better soon

Leave a comment:

• alicia caldwell
    replied
    any suggestions, i am having a real bad flare and alot of lower back pain

Leave a comment:

• mellusk
    replied
    Yeah, that's the way it is with a lot of friends and family. They almost always mean the best, but it's hard to really talk to someone about something without knowing exactly what that person goes through. I've a friend with a form of muscular dystrophy, and I know I've screwed up trying to be supportive before.

Leave a comment:

• alicia caldwell
    replied
    thanks

thank you it's nice to have people who know what you're going through to talk to, my husband tries but it's hard because he doesn't know what to do or say

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

It sounds like your doctors are on the right track. I hope you experience some relief soon.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    Alicia,

Sounds like you have a lot going on. Please ask lots of questions - we are here to help in any way we can.

April

Leave a comment:

• alicia caldwell
    replied
    diagnosis

i was diagnosed with ic, pelvic floor spasms, and possible endo all at the same time in nov 06 i have had the bladder distension, i'm on elmiron, baclofen, amitriptilyn, i do bladder instillations every day, im on wellbutron for depression and anxiety, i just went to pain management for the first time last week and the want to do nerve blocks already.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    welcome:
    Christine has some very good pointers..To find out more info just keep asking questions, every one here is very friendly and tries to answer your questions to ther best of thier knowledge..

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    to the IC Network Alicia!
    There is a lot of info here to help you with your pain. If you haven't looked at the patient handbook yet then I would really recommend it.
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/
    There is a ton of info there including the IC diet which most of us are on. There is also a section of the message boards for pain management which has a lot of great info.
    So sorry to hear that you have IC but you are in the right place to get help and support

Leave a comment:

• alicia caldwell
    started a topic Hello

Hello

Hi, my name is alicia, i am newley diadnosed with IC, and i am trying to learn how to cope with the pain
Working...
X