Finally, a Dr. with compassion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, a Dr. with compassion!

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for sharing your lives here. I was diagnosed this year with IC and pelvic floor dysfunction after years of pain without reason. I found this site and read all I could, it has helped me so much. I found a wonderful Uro. (Ragi Dogweiller) by reading her patients stories here. She really is a blessing.

~Punk~:woohoo:

I am so glad you have found a compassionate Dr. I have heard great things about her. I have probobly read the same things you have here from her patients. They all seem to love her! I am so glad to know that you are seeing her too. I hope that you continue to do well with your meds/treatments! Thanks for posting about your experiance with her!

Hugs,
    Amy

Comment

Oh, that is the best possible news! How wonderful. Having a doctor you trust and who is willing to work with you makes such a difference. You start feeling more in control right away, even if symptoms persist a little longer.

I hope you start feeling better SOON, and when you do, please remember to keep coming back and posting. It gives us all, and newbies especially, hope.

Take care of yourself; you still need to be careful with your health even as you get better.

SO happy to hear good news! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
      Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
      Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

HI! That IS great news! Compassionate doctors are SO hard to come by these days! Good luck with your treatment. Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
        Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
        Dx'd Hypothyroid
        Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
        June 2007
        Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
        First Cysto 1979
        First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
        Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
        Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
        Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
        Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
        Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
        Bladder surgery 2000
        Dx'd: IBS 2000
        Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
        Laminectomy 1989
        Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
        I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

That is wonderful! It makes IC easier when you have a Dr who understands and cares. :woohoo:
          ~Laura

There can not be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

March 2006 IC tested positive

current treatments for IC:
          Zoloft 100mg
          Prelief
          tramadol hcl 50mg (4-8 per day)
          diphenhydramine (1 nightly)
          elavil 25mg, Just started Nov 11

additional meds for pain if needed:
          darvacet
          loratab
          percocet
          tried Elmiron for over year and didn't see much of a change, gained weight

Also take Lisinolpril for high blood pressure

Other conditions:
          IBS '93
          depression '94
          stomach ulcers '95
          Mitral Valve Prolaspe Syndrome '01
          Migraines since childhood
          Chronic Fatique '03

It's not the number of years in your life that matter but rather the life in your years.

Comment

I am so happy for you. She was my doctor when she lived in Memphis. I loved her!! She was always so nice and understanding. She always had a hug for me. That was such a refreshing change after years of very uncompassionate doctors. I miss her so much, but I am glad she is able to help other ICers in Knoxville area. She is a true treasure.

Janice

Comment

Working...
            X