Here is my IC story....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder installations

I will be flying home to Germany tomorrow ( wednesday ) to learn how to self catherize and do my own installations. My doc will help me with that trying to teach me how to do it right. I am a bit scared but i HAVE to learn it as i have no other choice. I first wanted to just get the Uropol shipped over here and then go to an Urologist and let them put in in my bladder. If i would go through the government health care it would take up to 12 weeks to wait for an appointment. So i asked a urologist here how much it would cost me for him to do it. I mean...it only takes like 2 min for the installations. Not a big deal. I almost fainted when i heard what i would have to pay each time. ( It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me to let me know )
    Well, i would have to go and see a doc first ( WHY? ) that would cost me £145 ( i think around 300 US$ ) then for each time i would have to pay £300 !!!
    That would be around 600 US$ each time!!! Are they crazy?????
    Well i should become an urologist in this country ( England ) i guess that is the way to make money.
    Well..i guess my plane ticket is worth the trip back home! I only got 2 days to learn how to do it so i better be brave, close my eyes and just do it.
    Wish me luck. My appointment is on Friday 3rd May!
    Talk to you guys then. Just thought i tell you about this...that is ridicolous.
    Of course i kinda panic now...because what if it works fine in Germany and then i come back here and it doesnt work. I cant go anywhere for help...oh well..lets just hope for the best...cant be that hard?
    Take care. Talk soon

Symptoms started November 2005
    Diagnosed with IC in January 2007
    Diagnosed with Vulvodynia 2006
    Medications since July 2007: Gepan Installations now only every 2 months - Amitriptilyn(Elavil) 6 drops at night - Elmiron 200mg/day, Ranitic150 in the morning together with Desloratodine 5mg - Guaifenesin Capsules 300mg (for vulvodynia), Prelief with critical food
    Vitamins/Minerals: Neutra C

Herbal Tea (Chamomille) 3 cups a day, sit baths with sea salt after sex - Hyalofemme Gel before sex - Multi GynActi Gel after sex - Macrobid 50mg after sex

Comment

Home installations

Dear All,

well..got back from Germany and learned how to do home installations. Guys serious it is not that hard. Well i havent done it myself yet ( will be on Friday ) but i did it on Monday and the nurse just kind of directed me...It was a big hassle to bring the installations with me as i had to take them with my hand luggage in a coolbox with ice packs. And due to the regulations at the airport it was a big deal. But i got them and will start doing my installations now. I hope that it will help!!
      Also i bought the cookbook and trying to be strict on the IC diet.

Let me know how you guys are!!!
      ANJA

Symptoms started November 2005
      Diagnosed with IC in January 2007
      Diagnosed with Vulvodynia 2006
      Medications since July 2007: Gepan Installations now only every 2 months - Amitriptilyn(Elavil) 6 drops at night - Elmiron 200mg/day, Ranitic150 in the morning together with Desloratodine 5mg - Guaifenesin Capsules 300mg (for vulvodynia), Prelief with critical food
      Vitamins/Minerals: Neutra C

Herbal Tea (Chamomille) 3 cups a day, sit baths with sea salt after sex - Hyalofemme Gel before sex - Multi GynActi Gel after sex - Macrobid 50mg after sex

Comment

Hi,

Glad to see evreything went well. :woohoo:

I hope you get relief with from Uropol.. I managed myself into a small flare with the help of absolutely delicious chocolate cakes made by a french "chocolatiere".... but I shouldn't have them *sigh*
        I'm german, diagnosed september 2005 with mild IC. Current meds: Elmiron, Uropol-S, IC diet.

Comment

Re: Here is my IC story....

Don't know if ur still in here but did uro vaxom work for u? Do u know how I could get it in the us? I'm desperate for anything to help

Comment

Working...
          X