No announcement yet.

What do we need to avoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definately agree with you. My bladder is just freaking out with everything right now and if I try to find a trigger, I'm in hell for a day and a half. I know chocolate is a major NO, as well as my Centrum, Tylenol, and tea. I haven't tried coffee in a long time, so I'll definately hold off on that!

Thank you for your advice. I hate having a bland diet, but I do agree that it is the best way to ID my triggers. It is weird you can do tomato products, but raw tomatoes are ok for you!

I would say everything bothers me right now, but there are those things I mentioned makes it so much worse.

Thank you for your help!
    [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

I was reluctant to take more Prelief than recommended at one dose. I know that too much calcium causes constipation...and I really don't want that!

Hey, can you do canned pears? I love that with cottage cheese!

I do love swimming. I love doing laps, playing in the wave pool (like Typhoon Lagoon at Disney World), going down slides, snorkeling, etc. People joke that I was a fish of some kind in a previous life. I tell them with my love of sharkes, I must have been a shark! LOL!

I saw that picture of your girl diving! That is really cool. I could never dive. I was a very heavy kid and actually got up to over 350 pounds by the time I was 20. Now I'm around 215 and it makes swimming easier! I'm more streamlined now! I think my first step back to exercise will be in the pool or weight lifting. I don't have very many good days right now, so when you say it gets better... it sounds like a pipe dream. I will try upping the Prelief at each meal and hope that I don't regret it BM wise.

Thank you again for all your help!
      [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

Good idea to test out different waters, like you would test foods.

For me, Evian & Fiji - not good for my IC. But lots of IC patients swear by them.
        On the other hand, Arrowhead, Crystal Geyser, Aquafina - all just fine for me.

Go figure.
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
        X