• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze-Dried Aloe Vera - Questions

What brand do you use?

Where do you get it?

How much and how often do you take it?

How long after starting this do you feel results?

Thanks.
    Diagnoses: Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (2012),Interstitial Cystitis (2003), Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia (2003), GERD (since ?), IBS (since ?), Low Blood Volume (2006), Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (2007)

Medicines:
    Claritin 10 mg/AM for MCAS and allergies
    Synthroid
    Aciphex 20 mg in PM for GERD
    Zantac 75 mg, one at night for MCAS and GERD
    Singulair 10 mg in AM, for MCAS & allergies
    Zyrtec 5 mg/PM for MCAS and allergies

Non-Medicinal Helps:
    glucosamine 500mg/MSM 500mg 2 X/day
    I avoid foods that I react to in my esophagus, bowel and bladder, and I react to many things. It is an imperfect method, but it is all that I do at the moment.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phillipians 4:13)

HI! I've been on Freeze dried Aloevera for over 2 yrs now. The best deal for buying it is here on this site......the Desert Harvest brand. I take 1 pill 3 times a day. It takes a few weeks to feel the difference......it coats the lining of the bladder......and helps rebuild the mucus lining. I love the stuff! Hope it helps you! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
    Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
    Dx'd Hypothyroid
    Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
    June 2007
    Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
    First Cysto 1979
    First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
    Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
    Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
    Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
    Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
    Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
    Bladder surgery 2000
    Dx'd: IBS 2000
    Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
    Laminectomy 1989
    Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
    I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Roxie

Thanks for the quick reply.

This site charges $33 for 90 pills and recommends 6 pills/day. At 6 pills/day (twice as much as you take), that's $66/month. Phew!!!

Do you have a reason for taking 3/day as opposed to 6?

Have you tried any of the other items like Cystoprotek?

Do you suppose that since the aloe helps "line" the bladder, that it could also help coat an inflammed stomach (gastritis) and esophagus (from esophageal reflux)? Someone told me that it can coat the stomach also.

I wonder if the "aloe coating" prevents good nutrients or medications from being absorbed? That happened to me once when I was taking a prescription med (Carafate) to coat my inflammed esophagus. It prevented absorption of my needed medication - thyroid hormone. I found out the hard way because I slowly became hypothyroid.

BTW, what is whole foods iron? I need supplemental iron and am looking for something that does not hurt the stomach. Thanks.
      Last edited by futurehope; 05-03-2007, 02:31 PM. Reason: Additional questions
      Diagnoses: Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (2012),Interstitial Cystitis (2003), Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia (2003), GERD (since ?), IBS (since ?), Low Blood Volume (2006), Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (2007)

Medicines:
      Synthroid

Non-Medicinal Helps:
      I avoid foods that I react to in my esophagus, bowel and bladder, and I react to many things. It is an imperfect method, but it is all that I do at the moment.

Comment

Desert Harvest, notice some help right away and more came later on....take 2 -3 times a day...I tried 1-3 times a day but didn't help as much. Err...I am think around 2-3 years...time flies! I buy online from desert harvest's site.

I believe I tried cystoprotek but since aloe vera gave me faster results it was easier to stick with it so I never really gave cystoprotek more than a month or so time.
        Faith, Hope, and Love,
        Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
        Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

CystaQ works well for a lot of people.
          Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
          Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

HI! Well I used to take 6 pills of another brand......they weren't as potent as the Desert Harvest ones. Since the Desert Harvest brand are stronger I found that I only needed 3 a day.....when I tried 6 that bothered my bladder. If I were you I'd start off with 3 and see if you need more than that.
            I haven't tried Cystoprotek. I'm doing good right now with what I'm taking
            As for the Iron.....I can't take reg. iron pills because they cause major constipation for me. A friend of mine who was pregnant at the time, told me her dr. recommended Whole food type iron and that they didn't cause constipation. So I tried them and love them! They haven't caused any problems and when I had a blood work up last week my iron was at the right level...I'd been anemic before.
            I take carafate also.....I have Barrett's esophagus The Aloe hasn't seemed to cause any problem with absorption. I hope you are able to try some things and see what helps you. It's kind of a pool shoot some times when you have IC. Let me know how you do! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
            Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
            Dx'd Hypothyroid
            Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
            June 2007
            Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
            First Cysto 1979
            First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
            Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
            Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
            Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
            Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
            Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
            Bladder surgery 2000
            Dx'd: IBS 2000
            Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
            Laminectomy 1989
            Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
            I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Roxie

Roxie, Carolyn, Katrina,

Thanks for the reply.

Roxie,

Did you mean WHOLE FOODS BRAND iron supplements? Is that the name of them - purchased at WHOLE FOOD MARKETS? How many do you take a day?

I cannot take the regular pills either. Thanks again.

Medicines:
              Synthroid

Non-Medicinal Helps:

Comment

Working...
              X