• Show
Clear All

• futurehope
    replied
    Roxie

Roxie, Carolyn, Katrina,

Thanks for the reply.

Roxie,

Did you mean WHOLE FOODS BRAND iron supplements? Is that the name of them - purchased at WHOLE FOOD MARKETS? How many do you take a day?

I cannot take the regular pills either. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! Well I used to take 6 pills of another brand......they weren't as potent as the Desert Harvest ones. Since the Desert Harvest brand are stronger I found that I only needed 3 a day.....when I tried 6 that bothered my bladder. If I were you I'd start off with 3 and see if you need more than that.
    I haven't tried Cystoprotek. I'm doing good right now with what I'm taking
    As for the Iron.....I can't take reg. iron pills because they cause major constipation for me. A friend of mine who was pregnant at the time, told me her dr. recommended Whole food type iron and that they didn't cause constipation. So I tried them and love them! They haven't caused any problems and when I had a blood work up last week my iron was at the right level...I'd been anemic before.
    I take carafate also.....I have Barrett's esophagus The Aloe hasn't seemed to cause any problem with absorption. I hope you are able to try some things and see what helps you. It's kind of a pool shoot some times when you have IC. Let me know how you do! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    CystaQ works well for a lot of people.

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    Desert Harvest, notice some help right away and more came later on....take 2 -3 times a day...I tried 1-3 times a day but didn't help as much. Err...I am think around 2-3 years...time flies! I buy online from desert harvest's site.

I believe I tried cystoprotek but since aloe vera gave me faster results it was easier to stick with it so I never really gave cystoprotek more than a month or so time.

Leave a comment:

• futurehope
    replied
    Roxie

Thanks for the quick reply.

This site charges $33 for 90 pills and recommends 6 pills/day. At 6 pills/day (twice as much as you take), that's $66/month. Phew!!!

Do you have a reason for taking 3/day as opposed to 6?

Have you tried any of the other items like Cystoprotek?

Do you suppose that since the aloe helps "line" the bladder, that it could also help coat an inflammed stomach (gastritis) and esophagus (from esophageal reflux)? Someone told me that it can coat the stomach also.

I wonder if the "aloe coating" prevents good nutrients or medications from being absorbed? That happened to me once when I was taking a prescription med (Carafate) to coat my inflammed esophagus. It prevented absorption of my needed medication - thyroid hormone. I found out the hard way because I slowly became hypothyroid.

BTW, what is whole foods iron? I need supplemental iron and am looking for something that does not hurt the stomach. Thanks.
    Last edited by futurehope; 05-03-2007, 01:31 PM. Reason: Additional questions

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I've been on Freeze dried Aloevera for over 2 yrs now. The best deal for buying it is here on this site......the Desert Harvest brand. I take 1 pill 3 times a day. It takes a few weeks to feel the difference......it coats the lining of the bladder......and helps rebuild the mucus lining. I love the stuff! Hope it helps you! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• futurehope
    started a topic Freeze-Dried Aloe Vera - Questions

Freeze-Dried Aloe Vera - Questions

What brand do you use?

Where do you get it?

How much and how often do you take it?

How long after starting this do you feel results?

Thanks.
Working...
X