• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L. Thomas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Danica
    replied
    Yesterday is the first day of the rest of your life with control back in it. Atleast that is how I felt when I was finally diagnosed. I have spent hours learning and reading EVERTHING there is about IC--diet, drugs, homeopaths,exercise, stretches, hot baths, which water is safe and etc. I have my life back and am enjoying life again:-) You will too:-)
    Wishing you well very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Natalie41
    replied
    Hi There,I am glad you found this website. There is lot of useful info here about IC.
    The ladies here a very friendly and helpful. Sometimes it seems they know more than the doctors. I am sorry it so long for you to get a diagnosis but now that you have hopefully you get some relief real soon.

Leave a comment:

• Privatepain
    replied
    thank you

Thank you Amy for the very friendly welcome. Everyone here seems so kind. I'm overwhelmed with what I've learned in just one day.

All of the years of thinking (and being told by doctors) that I just needed to loosen up during sex because it was a "psychological thing" made me feel like a loon.
    I even had one gyno suggest greasing up a cucumber and "practicing"

The lower back pain comes and goes, but the urinary urgency has been there for years and is fairly constant...so is the constant night wakening to grace the throne . I also have recurrent bladder and UTI infections which almost NEVER respond to antibiotics

I can't wait to research more on self-help to find out things I can do to make the pain better and deal with the multiple "inconveniences" (details not necessary)

Well, thank you again! -J
    Last edited by Privatepain; 05-12-2007, 07:23 AM. Reason: grammer

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    I am so sorry that it took you so long to be d/xed. It took a long time for me too, so I know exactly what that's like. It is awful to be hurting, and then not know what's wrong on top of it, and the final blow is Drs. thinking it's all in your head or something. It is WONDERFUL just to finally know and be validated!

Though I am sorry that it is IC, I am glad you know what it is, and that you found us so quickly. I want to add my to the others. You are really going to like it here. Everyone is very caring and supportive. There is also so much knowledge and information here. I think you are going to feel like you have finally come home!

I look forward to getting to know you!

Again,

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• Privatepain
    replied
    thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I plan on doing a lot of research now that I have a dx. Right now, I'm a little overwhelmed, but that is how it is with any new dx. I'm also hungry so...I'm going downstairs to get breakfast. Take Care. -J

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Oh, you poor thing. I waited years to be diagnosed, too, so I know what that's like. And it is so great to feel validated.

So, now you have a bit of a road to travel; it usually takes some time to find the right treatment or combination of treatments for each individual. That's the strangest thing about IC -- we are all so different. But you will see improvement soon and meanwhile, come here any time at all to ask questions or just to let off steam. We're here for you.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I am glad you finally got a dg, sorry it was IC though...
    Well glad you found us

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Private! I'm glad you found us too!
    I too know how great it feels when you 'finally figure it all out'. It's too bad it takes SO long for that to happen! I hope you can get on some good meds and can get on with your life now. Good luck! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    to the IC network. I'm so happy that you found out site. There is a lot of great info here. I'm sorry to hear that you were diagnoised with IC but most of us know the joy of the diagnois. I was smiling from ear to ear and my hubby thought I was crazy. I was just happy to know it wasn't just in my head and there was something really wrong with me.
    If you haven't already you may want to check out the patient handbook, there is a link for it at the top of the page. The IC diet is there and that helps a lot of people.
    I hope you start to feel better soon

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Oh honey, you are not alone! I'm so sorry you went that long undiagnosed! I hope you find support and information here! I sure have!!!

Leave a comment:

• Privatepain
    started a topic Newly diagnosed, yesterday

Newly diagnosed, yesterday

Hi everyone!

After years of doctors guessing at what has caused my problems, I was finally referred to a urinologist yesterday. He listened to me carefully, and dx. me with IC. I am going in for hydro...something soon. He said I am so "classic" a case that it is amazing it has taken years for anyone to put the pieces together.

I am so excited. Of course, not excited to have IC, but to finally have a dx.

First off, I now have answers to why I have spent years having VERY painful sex, bleeding after intercourse, soreness, and on and on. I was always blamed and told I needed to "loosen up." Gosh, years of feeling guilty that I couldn't satisfy my husband. I cried our whole honeymoon.

Now, I also understand the pelvic pain (sometimes migrating to my lower pelvis and sometimes my back or vaginal area). I also understand why I have urinary urgency and go repeatedly (even if I just went). I know it seems silly, but I'm sooooo glad to know I'm not crazy: I always wondered who really pees seven times a night besides me? Sometimes I watch the clock and it has literally only been four minutes since I went and my bladder is "convinced" it is about to explode with urine again.

I am so happy I found this site! Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Working...
X