Nausea???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nausea???

I do not have an official diagnosis, but I've been suffering for alittle over a year with different bladder and pelvic symptoms and it varies at different times. So I am still trying to figure out my body. Just had my first appt with urogyn and will f/u in 6 weeks. One thing that has been affecting me lately is really bad nausea. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this. Does anyone else suffer from this or could this be something completely different than IC?

Nausea can be caused by some of the medications taken by IC patients, but I've not heard of anyone having nausea caused by the IC. Have you talked with your primary care physician? I suggest you do; if you've had nausea for more than a day or two, you really need to find out what's causing it.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I would complain about the nausea the most at times. At my worst, I would get so nautious due to all the straining, the pelvic pressure, the constant need to urinate, the lack of sleep... then add my period... I actually couldn't eat or drink for 4 days. I lost 9 pounds in 4 days because of the severe nausea. It has happened every time my period comes around since November (start of my urinary problems).

Nausea can have 150 different causes, so make sure you bring that up to your doctor. They told me that isn't a common complaint with IC, but my body was under so much stress that they didn't think it was abnormal by any means to feel nautious.

I hope this helped!
      [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

Hello...my wife has IC and she does experience some bouts of nausea. I agree with born2swim, all of the differents symptoms together can really bother my wife and cause her to become nauseous...obviously, the severe pain does this the most. It can hurt so bad that it actually makes her sick to her stomach. She has been to the er numerous times before she was diagnosed because we had no idea about anything at that time. The last time that she was admitted to the hospital they sent her home with suppositiories for nausea (phenergine or promethazine...I think)...because if she is nauseous she can not take a pill...while they are uncomfortable to use, to say the least, they do seem to work for her when she needs them. She hadn't been nauseous for awhile until just the other day and now thinks that it may coincide with the week before her period...she's not positive though. Also, my wife in general is a bit squeamish...don't really know if that makes a difference just thought I should mention it just in case. I hope this helped some and I hope you all feel better really soon!!!

Joe

Comment

I went to the ER twice, once after the 4 days of severe nausea. I was actually dry heaving and I knew it would persist. So, IV anti-nausea meds, 2 liters of IV fluids, and sent home with oral Phenergan.

The first time I went to the ER, I was in so much pain that I started to black out. I got so severely nautious before that due to the need to urinate that I started to dry heave. It was terrible. Once I started to black out, went via ambulance to the ER. They ran tests and couldn't figure out why I was in so much pain and they talked about admitting me. I said, give me pain meds (I hate meds and toredol wouldn't cut it... so I broke and got Dilaudid). The pain started to fade a bit and I said I'd return if the pain got worse or stayed the same.

Boy I've had a rough time. I haven't had pain like that in a while thankfully and I haven't been nautious except for a bad reaction to Elavil.

[

Comment

Pain in general will cause alot of people to feel nausea. I have already bad stomach motility issues and so my stomach is already sensitive and vunerable to feeling sick. When my bladder is in alot of pain, I do experience nausea, and was told this is normal for anyone who is in pain. Not that the IC is causing the nausea, but more that the pain you are having due to the IC is making your stomach feel sick. Pain is ugly and can do that. I hope you feel better soon.
            Jen

Comment

Jen74, I was wondering if you use Elavil? It gave me wicked gastroparesis. I tried it for 3 days, but it was terrible. I tried it on an empty stomach, I tried it with food. It was terrible. When I had food in my stomach, it stopped all motility and the food sat there like a rock. It was so painful and nauseating. I was so grateful it passed! I just wanted you to know that I did have that effect, and if you are given that med, just be aware it can may your existing condition worse. I talked with a GI doctor about it and he said that med is terrible for the GI tract, but some doctors prescribe it for IBS.

I hope you feel better!

[

Comment

I am so sorry to hear you have been having trouble with nausea. I hate to say it, but it is nice to hear that other people do suffer with these issues as wll, b/c I have a lot of nausea and vomiting issues. I can be fine one moment, and then 5 minutes later be sicker than a dog!! When it first began, I was not yet dx'd with IC. they tested for my gallbladder among other things, but nothing. Then they switche my birth control, and I was sick for 2 weeks straight, and it got better once I stopped it. I am on the nuvaring now, which I think is much better then the pill.... However,before and sometimes during, I tend to vomit more than I would like to. and for me, it is very frustrating because I can not figure out what causes it, or how to make it better, and like I said it is SO random, I don't know when it's going to happen, it can be very frustrating....
                I also take promethazine when it gets to be too bad, but it makes me exhausted, so it is hard to take it and go to work. This disease can be so frustrating, b/c you just never know how you are going to feel, or how your body will react!!! I wish you all the luck in the world!!! I hope you are feeling better very very soon.

Amy

Comment

Nausea

I have had stomach problems for about as long as I've had bladder problems. I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis a little over a year ago and IC just last week. I think the two conditions are somehow related. I am also nauseated a lot and it will come on very suddenly. I can't take Elavil either. 1/4 of the pill made me sicker than a dog. I also have Fibromyalgia and bad allergies. It seems all these conditions are pretty rare and yet many people who have IC also have Fibro and Gastroparesis. Charisse
                  The combo of things that brought me out of remission were artificial sweetners, liquid vitamins with citric acid, tight pants, lower body workouts and stopping all my allergy meds cold turkey during height of allergy season. I wish I knew back then what I know now about IC
                  First IC symptoms Spring of 2000; In-office cystoscopy 2002 -negative; Remission until 2007 (yeah!!); Negative PST spring of 2007; IC diagnosed via Cystoscopy and Hydrodistention 7/24/07; Another In-office cystoscopy 4/9/10 with biopsy showed inflammation
                  Treatments for my IC/PFD: Elmiron 400 mg per day; walking, Zyrtec, Claritin, Singulair, Neurontin 100 mg per day; Ice packs and laying down; About to try Cytotec
                  Tried and Failed: Heat (always makes me worse!), Heparin instills -too painful for my urethra; Atarax (interfered with my quality of sleep first time, second time dried my bladder out; Elavil makes me sick, lidocaine patches (just plain don't work), Cystoprotek (only tried a couple months but didn't seem to do much), Aloe Vera caps, pelvic floor therapy, trigger point work flared me worse, Lyrica (bad stomach pain)
                  Other Diagnoses: PFD 2009; Fibromyalgia 2006, Osteopenia 2012, GERD 2006, Gastroparesis (delayed gastric emptying) Anxiety: Other medications: Ambien, Dexilant, Ibuprofren, Necon 1/35, Voltaren gel for tailbone
                  BABY GIRL 10/28/08 *** BABY BOY 7/8/11

Comment

Working...
                  X