Painful upper thighs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painful upper thighs?

Starting Sunday, my upper thighs near my bladder are painful and burning. Is this part of the IC? Vulvodynia? PFD? I'm so new to everything I'm not sure what is actually going on with me. I have a call into the Urologist, waiting for a reply.

I think it could be all of the above. Its best to get checked out to see if its an infection. I get thigh pain as you described during flares. A warm bath or a heating pad can be soothing.

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

Comment

Originally posted by Allies40 View Post
      Starting Sunday, my upper thighs near my bladder are painful and burning. Is this part of the IC? Vulvodynia? PFD? I'm so new to everything I'm not sure what is actually going on with me. I have a call into the Urologist, waiting for a reply.
      My doctor told me it was a side effect of IC! Hope that helps!

Comment

What helps?

Does anything help with this? Right now I'm hurting very much. I see the Urologist tomorrow, I'd love to go armed with information.

Comment

It can be referred pain from the IC. The pain from IC can radiate to the lower back, thighs, and some people have even mentioned pain in the big toe. It's such a tangle of nerves in that area that the pain can be felt in many odd places.

I'd talk to your doctor as soon as you can and ask him what he suggests for this. You can take tylenol safely (usually) with IC. Some people can tolerate ibuprofen, and some people find that it makes their bladder pain worse.

My best suggestion is a hot bath with epsom salts. Soak as long as you can..also, a heating pad can do wonders!

Sandy
          *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
          *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
          *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Allies40 View Post
            Does anything help with this? Right now I'm hurting very much. I see the Urologist tomorrow, I'd love to go armed with information.
            Here's what always helps me:

I usually use a heating pad or warm cloth on my thighs then when I feel somewhat better, I grab a bottle of lotion and massage it in. This will help get the blood circulating better and hopefully will help lessen the pain.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone! I'll try the things you've all suggested. I'll do just about anything right now to get out of this pain!

Comment

Working...
              X