X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allies40
    replied
    Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone! I'll try the things you've all suggested. I'll do just about anything right now to get out of this pain!

Leave a comment:

• sarahjth
    replied
    Originally posted by Allies40 View Post
    Does anything help with this? Right now I'm hurting very much. I see the Urologist tomorrow, I'd love to go armed with information.
    Here's what always helps me:

I usually use a heating pad or warm cloth on my thighs then when I feel somewhat better, I grab a bottle of lotion and massage it in. This will help get the blood circulating better and hopefully will help lessen the pain.

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    It can be referred pain from the IC. The pain from IC can radiate to the lower back, thighs, and some people have even mentioned pain in the big toe. It's such a tangle of nerves in that area that the pain can be felt in many odd places.

I'd talk to your doctor as soon as you can and ask him what he suggests for this. You can take tylenol safely (usually) with IC. Some people can tolerate ibuprofen, and some people find that it makes their bladder pain worse.

My best suggestion is a hot bath with epsom salts. Soak as long as you can..also, a heating pad can do wonders!

Sandy

Leave a comment:

• Allies40
    replied
    What helps?

Does anything help with this? Right now I'm hurting very much. I see the Urologist tomorrow, I'd love to go armed with information.

Leave a comment:

• sarahjth
    replied
    Originally posted by Allies40 View Post
    Starting Sunday, my upper thighs near my bladder are painful and burning. Is this part of the IC? Vulvodynia? PFD? I'm so new to everything I'm not sure what is actually going on with me. I have a call into the Urologist, waiting for a reply.
    My doctor told me it was a side effect of IC! Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I think it could be all of the above. Its best to get checked out to see if its an infection. I get thigh pain as you described during flares. A warm bath or a heating pad can be soothing.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• Allies40
    started a topic Painful upper thighs?

Painful upper thighs?

Starting Sunday, my upper thighs near my bladder are painful and burning. Is this part of the IC? Vulvodynia? PFD? I'm so new to everything I'm not sure what is actually going on with me. I have a call into the Urologist, waiting for a reply.
Working...
X