Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detrol vs. Urelle

It's me again!
    I was wondering, my Uro gave me Urelle on Monday, and I've been taking about 3 x a day, but it's giving me dry mouth, so this morning I didn't take one this morning. I went to the bathroom at 7 AM, was ok, but when I went to the bathroom at 11 AM, it hurt really badly (burning and stinging) and I'm still feeling it now at 4 PM. I complained to the gynocologist that I didn't like the Urelle, that's why he gave me detrol. I'm worried though, that the detrol won't help with the painful urinating.
    Any thoughts from those of you who have taken it?

Allies I take detrol and it did help me. I can't explain why it did because it does seems like it would cause retention. Allies I think this is something you will have to try because everyone reacts different with this medicine. Some can not take it at all. It is more of an trial and error thing. I hope you do found something that will help you soon.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

My IC has always been more of a pain issue than urgency. I tried some Detrol-like drug (can't remember the name) but I have found that Urelle and similar drugs work better for me because they help to anesthetize the bladder and relieve my pain. I agree that the dry mouth is a problem, but you just have to weigh the benefits against the side effects and decide for yourself. Everyone is different - there's no "one size fits all"!

Comment

I tried Urelle

I tried Urelle at the beginning of my illness but found UTA to be better for pain relief.

Comment

I'm brand new. Diagnosed on Friday and have been taking Urelle ( and only Urelle) for 4 days. I have no stinging or burning when I urinate. That is the first time in 3 months I can say that.
          Diagnosed May 2007
          Currently Taking:
          Urelle as needed for urgency/burning
          Elmiron 100 mg 2x a day
          Omacor 1 gm. 1x a day (to lower my Triglycerides)
          Lipitor 10 mg.

almost forgot.....I'm ing for a miracle all day long ......

Comment

Urelle did not help me

Urelle made it worse for me. I like the pyridium better for flares.
            Anyone else find this happen?
            Good Luck

Cindy
            William Ellery Channing:
            Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.

Comment

Gosh, we are all so different. Pyridium makes my burning worse...but I've tried prosed the last couple of days and found it helps relieve the pain and pressure.
              mom_in_ma

Comment

I cant really say, I just know that those type meds cause me urinary retention and also slow my stomach which is bad for me since I am already slow in that area.
                Jen

Comment

Just putting my 2 cents in here, I have pain, but my main problem was up mainly frequency/urgency till one of my doctors put me on Vesicare. I haven't had any side effects on it. (but we are all different) Been on it for a few months and the difference is like night and day for me!! I use to get up between 6-7 times a night now its maybe 1-2 times. Daytime its like 7-9 times; I also use Pyridum on and off for pain. Hope something works for you.

Comment

We are all different. I have tried Detrol and Vesicare to no avail, but Ditropan XL helps me a lot. I have trouble with frequency/urgency most. When I have a UTI or am traveling, Pyridium helps with burning and increased symptoms. I literally don't leave home without it!
                    ~ Stacey

Comment

Uta

I found UTA to help me the most but have never seen anyone else post that they have tried it. Maybe it isn't popular with the Uros. Anyone else tried it?

Comment

Working...
                      X