Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi All-

I am new to this site and thought I would introduce myself. I was actually diagnosed with IC over a year ago but really did not get it or understand what it was. I have endometriosis and it seemed when I got those symptoms under control and got the endo removed from my bladder so I guess I figured that was the symptoms I was having. I have always been some to go to the bathroom frequently and just thought it was me. Recently I started having issues with lower abdominal swelling and pain and lots of pelvic pressure. And as all of you know it was my IC. I had a cysto a while ago so the doctor knew exactly what it was. I am now on elmiron and looking at the diet stuff and working with acupuncturist. It is just so hard for me to believe that the IC may have been a main cause for the reason I have been in so much pain the last year. I am a little overwhelmed with everything and the diet and the variety of information.

I was on elmiron for a while about a year ago but because of the bad stomach pain I stopped taking it and I ended up being diagnosed with GERD and gastritis after two ER visits, a CT Scan, two Ultrasounds, two nights in the hospital and an EGD, oh and a hida scan for my gallbladder.

So do any of you have a various other medical conditions, it seems like my GI and female organs are wacky.

Well, any advice or comments would be great.

Thanks

hi there, welcome to the icn, you will learn a wealth of information with in these pages. You will also get tons and tons of support. I am glad you found us.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

to the IC Network. You have come to the right place to learn about IC. I know the IC diet can seem overwhelming at first, but after a while it becomes pretty much second nature. I hardly think about the restrictions any more. Diet makes a huge difference for me.

The Patient Handbook at http://www.ic-network.com/handbook should be a huge help to you.

And the ICN Shop has some excellent books to help you along the way.

Warm healing thoughts,
      Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi There!
        Welcome to the best IC site on the web! As the others have said there's SO much info here and lots of great people too!
        Sorry that you have IC and Endo and GERD. It's all a lot to deal with!
        I have many of the 'common' ailments that many of us suffer from. I have Barrett's Esophagus......which starts out as severe GERD and then turns to Barrett's. I also have IBS and a host of other things. It does seem that if you get IC then you are in the running for all the other things.
        The IC diet works great for me too. Finding what your triggers are really helps. I hope you are able to get a grip on the IC and other problems. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I might be able to help with. Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
        Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
        Dx'd Hypothyroid
        Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
        June 2007
        Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
        First Cysto 1979
        First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
        Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
        Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
        Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
        Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
        Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
        Bladder surgery 2000
        Dx'd: IBS 2000
        Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
        Laminectomy 1989
        Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
        I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Just wanted to add my to the site!
          Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I remember how overwhelmed I was when I left the Uro's office and was first diagnosed with IC. This site has been so great. Whenever I feel down or I'm in a bad flare I come here and it helps so much to hear other people and know you're not alone.

Comment

Peanut- I wanted to say welcome as well, and I just sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
              X