Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karendy
    replied
    I love you guys.. i can always get the answers i need in a hurry .. i know it sounds silly , but, it's nice to know some one else has this problem lol..... my dr always does a culture .. or at least i think they do.. but tomorrow morning , i will asking for sure.. thanks again for all the help...

Kay

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    If a doctor is doing an in office test it would be a "dip stick" test. This works by changing colors if there are certain things present in your urine. This test will be affected by taking something like that, that will turn your urine blue because then they can't see if the dip stick is changing colors because it will dye the stick blue

A culture wouldn't be affected because it actually checks for bacteria in your urine, this takes usually a couple of days to come back from the lab though.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I have been told it does not matter..BUt like Kim said I have heard on the board where some doctors do say it interfers..

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    I've had some doctors tell me those meds do interfere with urinalyses (the staining makes it difficult for them to see the colors they need to under the microscope) and others have told me it doesn't. I know my doctor told me once that it wouldn't interfere with a culture. Maybe you could call a hospital lab and ask? If they are open after hours.

Leave a comment:

• karendy
    started a topic help..

help..

it's late here and my dr is closed.. and i have a question .. i know now that my UTI didn't go away when i finished my Meds on Sat.. it's still with me. I was wondering if taking Urimar-T i think that is the stuff that turns your pee blue.. will effect the out come of a Urine test for a infection.???? so if there is anyone who knows if i can take the Urimar with out interferring with the urine test please let me know .. it going to be a long night unless i get some relief.. my dr won't let me start self treating with Cipro .. until i bring her the test ..

k
Working...
X