Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I had a hydro yesterday. The pain was pretty bad all day yesterday, but not bad this morning. I plan on just hanging out and watching some movies and maybe crack a book today.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• irfran
    replied
    I hope my reply will help relieve some of your fears.

I had my cysto/hydro done the Thursday before Easter and went out to dinner Easter.

I had absolutelly no pain after the procedure. I did have burning with urination the day after the procedure but that was about it.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    That one was of the first questions my uro when he told me he wanted to schedule the hydro/cysto w/ biopsy. I made sure that I could have something for pain afterwards. He gave me an rx for viocden to take home that day and said I would have pain meds afterwards.

When I woke up they gave me some pain meds in my IV. When I went to the recovery room they gave me a vicoden and an antibiotic and told me that if I was still hurting in 20 minutes when I got home I could take another vicoden, which I did. I would call the uro's office and find out from a nurse or have them ask him, that's a very important question to know ahead of time. I wouldn't have done the hydro w/o pain meds afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• zipher
    started a topic Pain after hydro

Pain after hydro

If you read my intro post, then you know that I am scheduled to have hyrdodistention, cytoscopy and a biopsy a week from today. I have been reading about the procedure almost nonstop today, trying to soak in as much information as I can.

I am, however, terrified that my doctor won't give me pain medication. Is this something standard that most doctor's do now after the procedure? I don't have a very high tolerance as far as procedures go, so I want to feel sure that I will have something to take care of myself.

What was your experience with this?
Working...
X