Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stress made me flare after remission...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Stress IS my biggest cause of flares. I can see how it could bring you out of remission. At least you got there before so you know that your body is capable of it. Hopefully if you start doing everything the same way you did when you went into remission before it'll happen again.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    soccermom,
    sorry you're flaring. I'm right there with you. I was in remission and a really stressful couple of months brought IC back with a bang. I'm still trying to get it under control. It bites! Wish I had more answers for you.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! Sorry to hear about the rotten flare. You said you'd reduced some mg. of your meds? Maybe you reduced too much thinking you were doing better? I've heard people on here say that they felt so great.....in remission.....and then they cut back on their meds.....and within a while......they were hurting all over again. I hope that isn't your problem......but might we worth looking into if you continue to have that IC pain. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• soccermom32
    started a topic Stress made me flare after remission...HELP!

Stress made me flare after remission...HELP!

I was in a "remission" for weeks. Still took my meds, had reduced some mg. but all was good. NO PAIN!!!!!! Then, I had the worst week of my life about 2 weeks ago and BAM, crippling pain. I'm not crippled in pain anymore, but I still have IC pain symptoms everyday. I have started going for my rescue instillations again and had a PT appt.

I cannot believe that a stressful episode that was out of my control could set me back for this long. Has this happened to anyone else? Will I get better again? I'm trying to reduce my daily stress level and resume normal activities but this "twinge" in my bladder drives me insane!!!!

Will they ever find a cure for this dreadful disease!?
Working...
X