Peeing all night long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by born2swim View Post
    Yes, I have passed loads of clear urine. If I eat peanut butter or chocolate or something that isn't good for me, but doesn't make my urge go through the roof, I will pee often due to a larger volume in urine. It's like my kidneys are diluting something bad and my bladder is unable to hold much volume (150cc's was my max).

I'm with you on that. I get it after something questionable was consumed... but when something bad bad bad (like coffee or tea) is consumed, I'm peeing 1 teaspoon at a time every 5 minutes for hours. I don't sleep at all. So, there is a difference... It's weird.
    Hi Born2swim an jiriji,
    This is a mirror of my problems that ive been having for years.I mean its like a faucet coming out sometimes.I have another theory.Maybe the bladder is somehow communicating with the kidneys and somehow telling them to produce more urine.Afterall the bladder tells the brain when it seems to be full.At leasts thats in a normal person.
    A few years ago the urologist gave me a nasal spray that I had requested doing research on the same frequent urination subject.Its used to stop all urine production.I had it in my refrigerator for ages.I was to chicken to try it out.
    The urologist told me that it was only to be used in a dire case emergency and I was to drink no liquid at all after inhaling it.The side effects would be water intoxification.Anotherwords I could die from it.I cant recall the name of it other than it is a synthethitic hormone that stops all urine production.
    Its is used in adolescents to stop wetting the bed.Could the kidneys be stimulated with a hormone that produces all this urine?I know having a small bladder makes it feel like the kidneys are out of control.
    Just a theory maybe not.
    GoldSeals
    54 year old male
    Diagnosed with IC in 1994
    Had symptoms since 1992
    Three cystoscopies.One biopsy with hydrodistention.
    This is what I have tried,Dmso cocktail,Elavil,Atarax,Hytrin,Detrol,Pyridium,Elmiron,Allegra,Augmenti n,Flomax,Ditrapan,Vesacare.
    Sent urine samples about 10 years ago to the famous Dr Fugguzatto.Went through plenty of Dr's which took about 2 years for an IC diagnosis.I am considered having one of the worst IC conditions known to my doctors.
    Thanks to reading the great info on this board I am presentally trying 3 more natural remedies.Msm,Glucosamine,and Quercetin

Comment

Originally posted by CST View Post
      Hi,
      You might want to have your doctor check your thryroid....
      I've been on thyroid medication since 1990 (200mcg of thyroxin each day) and my thyroid doesn't work at all any more, but thanks for the suggestion anyway

The weird thing is last night i didn't need to get up to pee AT ALL, yet i had been drinking right up until bedtime. The difference is last night i took two Tylenol PMs because i was having such bad pain in my right leg and really needed some sleep. I suspect that the antihistamine in the pills, as well as having a dehydrating effect, also has a calming effect on the bladder - and possibly the kidneys as well.

I do have one deformed kidney, which has an extra cyst or pouch where the ureter connects, and that ureter also has a kink in it which can lead to the flow or urine from the kidney to the bladder being interrupted, but the urologist told me the treatment for that is very simple: just drink lots of water to keep everything moving in the right direction :-) Maybe what happens is now and then there's a backup of urine that is blocked from getting through, then all of a sudden it's all released, sort of like a dam wall giving way (but that wouldn't explain my urine being colorless) - anyway, when i suggested that to the doctor he looked kind of sceptical.

Sometimes i think male doctors don't pay much attention to what their female patients are telling them. I wonder if it would be different if i were a male with a prostate problem?
      I'm sick of being sick. Fed up with all this autoimmunity/allergies stuff: migraines, eustachian tube dysfunction, asthma, peripheral neuropathy with polyneuritis, Raynaud's disease, acne rosacea, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, IBS (diarrhea type), IC, one deformed kidney, Von Willebrand Disease (a bleeding disorder), drug allergies, food intolerances, life intolerance! And besides all that, i'm missing my tonsils, my gallbladder, my uterus and ovaries... and probably a gazillion brain cells

Comment

Hi,Jiriji,
        Between both of your comments.I have the same problem.My urine is clear and plenty of it just out of nowhere.My doctor checked for diabetes several times and it was negative.I believe they just dont know.That is the answer.It doesnt matter if your male or female.As a male, the doctors just give me same beweilderment look.I can tell you that grapefruit juice is a diaretic.If I was to drink it I wouldnt be able to move from the bathroom.Oh,and diet coke makes me pee like a race horse.Thats why I dont go near it at all.And the urine is always very clear after drinking it.
        Like I said in the previous post I believe the bladder communicates somehow with the bladder and tells it to produce more urine.It sure seems that way.Sure wish I knew the answers.
        GoldSeals
        54 year old male
        Diagnosed with IC in 1994
        Had symptoms since 1992
        Three cystoscopies.One biopsy with hydrodistention.
        This is what I have tried,Dmso cocktail,Elavil,Atarax,Hytrin,Detrol,Pyridium,Elmiron,Allegra,Augmenti n,Flomax,Ditrapan,Vesacare.
        Sent urine samples about 10 years ago to the famous Dr Fugguzatto.Went through plenty of Dr's which took about 2 years for an IC diagnosis.I am considered having one of the worst IC conditions known to my doctors.
        Thanks to reading the great info on this board I am presentally trying 3 more natural remedies.Msm,Glucosamine,and Quercetin

Comment

RIght now I am in a pee every few minutes flare and it has lasted for a couple of weeks with just a little reprieve now and then. I truly think I am going to go mad. But, sometimes I too have those periods where I pee tons and tons of clear urine. I'd swear a bottle of water went right through me without touching the kidneys. Weird. But, I notice it happens when I get Migraines. I have the horrible headache, but keep having to get up to pee gallons of clear liquid when I just want to be lying down. Something inhibits the antidiuretic hormone during those attacks and it makes me pee. I also have polycystic kidneys but I don't think that can be part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogo View Post
            I also have polycystic kidneys but I don't think that can be part of it.
            I'm wondering if there is a connection there. I was told that my one deformed kidney looks polycystic but that term isn't used unless both kidneys have cysts, not just one. So maybe it IS something to do with filtration.

I'm sorry you're in such a bad flare right now, Nogo, and anyone else who is suffering too.

And GoldSeals, it looks like you drew the short straw - being a man with IC - but i hope things improve for you. Remember to stay away from those cola drinks!
            I'm sick of being sick. Fed up with all this autoimmunity/allergies stuff: migraines, eustachian tube dysfunction, asthma, peripheral neuropathy with polyneuritis, Raynaud's disease, acne rosacea, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, IBS (diarrhea type), IC, one deformed kidney, Von Willebrand Disease (a bleeding disorder), drug allergies, food intolerances, life intolerance! And besides all that, i'm missing my tonsils, my gallbladder, my uterus and ovaries... and probably a gazillion brain cells

Comment

Working...
            X