No announcement yet.

Help with a Urologist in Mass.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kara29
    Joanne, Welcome to the ICN!

    I'm so sorry you are going through so much pain! I do understand. This is a nice place to come for support. I saw a Uro in Natick, MA who is great with IC. With your history, a Urogyn may be a better choice. There is a very large support group that takes place in Natick where you can meet other men and women going through similar situations and find other Doctors. I also saw a wonderful OBGYN who deals with pelvic pain associated with all kinds of disorders. He is in NH.

    To reach the the leader of the support group you contact, Molly Glidden:

    Boston/Metrowest IC Support Group Leader
    Meetings/Katherine Kennedy Senior Center
    Natick, MA 01760
    Phone: 508-655-4726
    Fax: 508-650-5999
    [email protected]
    Interstitial Cystitis/ nonprofit support group

    We'll try the best we can to support you through this.

    Warm Hugs ,


    Leave a comment:

  • joanne48
    started a topic Help with a Urologist in Mass.

    Help with a Urologist in Mass.

    I was diagnosed a year ago with I.C. I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia, pelvic muscle atrophy, myofascial pain syndrome and short type pelvic floor.I have had 4 surgeries (exploratory surgery, hysterectomy, an operation for adhesions and a repair for a rectocele) and multiple procedures (bladder infusions, trigger-point injections, trigger point physical therapy and also nerve blocks) I am on all different kinds of medications. I also went 4 months having to self-cathering myself because I went from urinating to much to not being able to urinate on my own. I have been to 3 different urologists who just don't understand I.C. I am now seeing a urogynecolgist and also a pain management doctor. I lost my job after working there for 14 years. I had to get a lawyer in order to win my appeals for long term disability. After six months I finally started to get long term disability. I applied for social security back in January and haven't heard if I was approved or denied. The hardest part is trying to get my doctors to see right now that I just can't work. It is very hard for me to sit, stand or walk for any length of time. I am going to see a psychiatrist because the only thing I seem to do is cry. I was hoping that someone could help me with finding a doctor in Mass that is understanding with I.C. patients. Also if there is anyone who is going through the same things I am. Thank goodness I have a very understanding husband. We have not had sexual relations in a year, because of all the surgeries and that I am afraid because of the pain. PLEASE ANYONE WHO READS THIS AND IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME AS MYSELF, PLEASE RESPOND.
    Last edited by joanne48; 06-22-2007, 03:41 PM.