Feeling Swollen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Swollen

I haven't read anyone having the symptom of being or feeling swollen from down there to my belly button. I need a pillow between my legs to sleep on my side just to ease the pain some. I can't cross my legs when sitting. I have a very difficult time sitting up straight especially on anything that is not soft and cushiony. We only go to restaurant that have soft booths now. I'm hoping the pelvic cushion I ordered from the ICN shop help, at least around the house. The instills and pain meds help with the bladder pain but the feeling of being swollen never varies.

Thanks,
    Marilyn

Hi Marilyn~I also have a swollen along with pressure feeling. I haven't crossed my legs in years. (that'a a good thing--less vericose veins) Sitting for me is very uncomfortable. You'll usually find me in bed. I can't lay flat on my back because there seems to be to much pulling in the pelvic area, so I have my feet planted at my bottom and my knees slightly apart. It is uncomfortable for them to be touching. Otherwise I sleep on my tummy. I've tried my side with the pillow between my legs and I'm still uncomfortable. Let me know how the cushion you ordered works.

Comment

I know the feeling much too well....

No your not the only one that has this symptom. I have severe swelling in my pelvic area. I can't sleep on my back, I sleep on my side with a very firm pillow between my legs to relieve the pressure. Also, I have been through several of the seat cushions from here and they're GREAT! They help relieve pressure when your in the sitting position; also use it while you are riding in your vehicle, this takes away some of the bumps in the ride--which is not always fun with the pain, pressure and swelling. I haven't crossed my legs in 4 years and that just has to work. I have to always figure out how I'm going to keep my feet elavated and keep my heating pad and pillows by my side. :woohoo:
      Rachel

Dx'd Pelvic Pain Syndrome 2003
      Dx'd IC Jan. 2003
      Dx'd Fibromyalgia 2003
      Dx'd IBS 2003
      Polycystic Ovary Syndrome since teen
      Dx'd Vulvodynia 2005
      Dx'd Vulvar Vestibulitis 2005
      Lymphedema in legs, pelvic area, feet and hands
      Severe Anxiety Disorder since teen
      Major Depression since teen
      No periphreal vision, found @ very young age

Current Meds:

Oxycontin 80mg x 4 per day
      Lortab 10 x 5 per day
      Xanax 4mg per day
      Soma 350mg 2 x per day
      Pamelor 50mg at night for sleep
      Phenergan 25mg as needed
      Prelief
      Bisacodyl 5mg 2-3 tablets at night for IBS
      Effexor XR 75mg x 1 a day
      Lasix 40mg x 2 per day--for Lymphedema/swelling
      Lidocaine 5% gel as needed for VV & Vulvodynia
      Lidocaine 5% patches

*On disability since Jan. 2007. I was approved after appealing for almost 4 years. My current doctor was an angel in helping me get through this process. It was a nightmare to pay for meds before I rec'vd insurance through Medicare. Thank God for answered prayers and guidance.

Comment

I am another one that stays swollen.. It really sucks...
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Feelin swollen

Glad to know it's part of my IC and not something else going on. I'm hoping the pelvic cushion will enable me to surf the forum more often. :woohoo:

Marilyn

Comment

Working...
          X