Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC after abdominal surgery, worse with any muscle activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other types of PT

I wonder if the physical therapy is trigger point therapy, since the pain seems so muscle related. Not all therapists know that much about it, but some do

One time I went to a naturopath that performed something called visceral manipulations I certain type of pushing tissue around (on the outside, not internally) to address adhesions. I guess I have some but don't seem to affect mu bladder.
    Last edited by purpleviolet; 02-21-2011, 01:33 PM. Reason: spell
    I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

Without saying too much before I see how it goes, it's looking like I will be getting a serious of steroid shots in the pelvic area next Thursday. It's the first of 3-4 rounds of shots at two week intervals that I am looking at getting.

As a reminder, although I do have visible inflammation in my bladder, I'm also extremely sensitive to any use or stretch of the core muscles (via exercise, singing, back-arching, etc.) I saw the surgeon for an exam today, and he found a ton of tenderness around where the ligaments attach into the pubic bones, and the idea is that the series of injections helps to heal them. I

I don't necessarily expect it to work and I don't want to jinx anything, but he seems to have a decent reputation, seems smart, seems to genuinely care, and has some very interesting theories (with, apparently, fairly high success rates among qualifying patients). He basically views "POPPS" (i.e. pelvic pain) as an evolved form of osteitis pubis, which I actually have shown mild signs of upon MRI for a while. Apparently there are a lot of issues with insurance covering the shots, and while he just accepts whatever they give and doesn't make patients pay the balance, he says this is the main reason more surgeons have no interest in this branch of theory.

Anyway, I'll try to update this thread with my progress - in the off chance it does help, it could certainly shed some light on a cause of bladder irritation for certain people. I'll be happy to PM more info for any fellow ICers who similarly activity-sensitive symptoms if this does end up helping, but I know posting doctor info on the boards is a dicey situation...

Comment

Working...
      X