Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backwoodsgurl
    replied
    My main breakfasts that I have found is Fresh bananas are ok with me if organic so i do that or oat meal, with pears, or blueberries, or maple, or something nice.... good luck.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Broccoli is on the bladder friendly list.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• tpronti
    replied
    Can we eat broccoli rabe?

Leave a comment:

• Peanut 24
    replied
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Leave a comment:

• Goldfinch
    replied
    One of the best adjustments I made was trying new foods or preparing old foods in new ways. There are lots of interesting esoteric vegetables out there that many people just ignore. Lots of different veggies can be roasted in the oven with olive oil, salt and thyme or rosemary; often far tastier than boiling or steaming. Try roasting carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, onions, portabella mushrooms, bell peppers (not necessarily together!). If you have never eaten raddichio or fennel or broccoli rabe or celeriac try them!

I admit that there are still foods I can't eat that make my mouth water, but some I no longer miss at all. I've lost my taste for cranberry relish, orange juice or half a grapefruit, and for red wine as well. I can cheat a little when it comes to salad dressing, but most dressings now taste too acidic to me.

It sucks, but I kept my goal in mind: to be able to sit through a two-hour movie. Diet is the least invasive way to be good to your bladder. And remember, things can and do change. I am eating lots of foods now that I completely stopped eating for two years.

Leave a comment:

• dmarie
    replied
    More breakfast options

When I was diagnosed 4 years ago, I think I cried the most over the dietary changes. However, over time, I have adjusted and learned what I can have and I've searched high and low for recipes to make flavorful meals.

Breakfast: organic granola, eggs and toast, pancakes, homemade blueberry waffles (only pure maple syrup), Kashi Vanilla Island or Autumn Harvest cereal, and I used to hate oatmeal...now it is a favorite comfort food (quick minute oatmeal mircrowaved with mild and then I add 2 tsp brown sugar and blueberries).

I know it totally stinks...but over time you WILL feel better and you will broaden your diet. When I had a few spare minutes, I'd surf recipe sites (in addition to this site) for recipes. I bought a binder and have it overstuffed with recipes I've found that are safe for me to eat and are also yummy meals for my family. Good luck! Stay positive...better days are ahead! I never thought in my early days of IC that I would be able to say that...but I can and you need to believe it!!!!! Most important is....abide by the diet...it is the BEST way to heal your bladder!

Dawn

Leave a comment:

• VCNJ84
    replied
    Do you like almond butter?? That can be good on toast or a bagel.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Oh

I eat butter!!! I used to say about those Healthy Choice frozen dinners (can't have em anymore but...) that they were pretty good, all you had to do was add a little butter and salt, lol!!

I have no problem at all with butter or Country Crock margarine!! Good luck at the grocery!!!

Leave a comment:

• penneyjo
    replied
    I eat butter with no problems, or I use Smart Balance which is heart healthy with omega 3s and tastes great. I don't use regular margarine either.

Leave a comment:

• jreed07
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the tips on eating......i am off to the grocery store with your suggestions. I do have a question about butter.....why cant you eat your eggs cooked in butter? Is butter completey out of the question all together? I hate the idea of eating margarine, full of junk. God Bless....j

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    Breakfast should be one of the easier meals, natural cereals, oatmeal, omelettes, soft boiled eggs with whole grain toast, maybe a pear. We often eat breakfast for dinner. All depends on your dietary restrictions with other conditions, but eggs not cooked in butter are highly nutritious and only carry about 90 calories each.

We are religious about eggs, hard boiled sandwiches with lettuce, soft boiled, scrambled or oms with tolerable vegetables and cheese, or just plain old bladder friendly natural cold cereal, this is the stuff we could eat all day (with a salad thrown in there somewhere of course). Eggs bad reputation is so not true as long as they are not cooked in butter. Just try to keep your diet balanced most days and your AM appetite may improve. Mornings are hectic.

Another suggestion is bread pudding. Make it up the night before with good healthy whole grain leftover bread, let it soak all night and pop it in the oven in the AM. It's ready within an hour and is full of nutrition. Hope you find something on the site that appeals to you, there really are many options. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• penneyjo
    replied
    I have cereal, hot or cold, eggs, waffles, etc. What is it that you used to eat that you can't eat now and are missing?

For me, breakfast was the easiest to manage. I'm having the same trouble with dinner. Plain, and blah usually.

Leave a comment:

• deborahhartman
    replied
    Web site links

Try these links for ideas for menus and recipes. I am also newly diagnosed and am waiting to see if the meds and diet work. I am following the diet to the letter. The hardest part is not being able to go out and eat with friends and family. Too many unknowns in what a restaurant adds to their food.
    Food for Flares http://www.ichelp.org/Page.aspx?pid=402
    IC Diet: Recipes http://www.ic-network.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Leave a comment:

• KarenAnne
    replied
    My breakfasts: Erewhon brown rice cereal with FF lactaid milk, Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal w/ FF lactaid, scrambled eggs w/ monteray jack or american cheese, Bisquick pancakes w/ pure maple syrup, cottage cheese w/ canned pears, Eggo waffle w/ organic natural peanut butter or pure maple syrup, instant organic oatmeal w/ either maple syrup or cashews & chopped dates. Also you can have a hard boiled egg, pears, honeydew melon, hashbrown potatoes, blueberry muffin, omelet with vegies & cheese, string cheese. Check out old posts too.

Leave a comment:

• passion4life
    replied
    I understand exactly how you feel! Check out the recipe section. Great ideas can be found!

I found so many great ideas. For breakfast I usually will have a bowl of Honey'd Corn Flakes or Hormel nitrite free bacon and eggs, hashbrowns, grits, or cheese toast. Also, a quickie breakfast for me is blueberry bars and mile.

Lunch and Dinner are endless. But when I first got started, I thought that I had fallen in the black hole never to return to decent eating. But over time, my love for cooking has skyrocketed.

Hang in there and have the best day you possibly can.

Praying for the cure

Leave a comment:

Working...
X