question about estrogen and also diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about estrogen and also diet

I am starting to think my bladder issues are stemming completely or almost completely from low estrogen. I have been using estrogen cream and on the whole I am feeling a lot better. I still have random bad days though and can't seem to find a cause. I have been following the IC diet to a T and using prelief. Here's my question- if this urgency, burning and frequency is all from low estrogen- does diet make a difference?

wife, mom to three, theater professional
    diagnosed- "mild" IC Feb 10, 2011
    symptoms started on and off Nov 2010
    urgency, frequency, general bladder discomfort,itching, and other nasty feelings
    I am going completely holistic with herbs and diet to heal

Hi, mine was definitely caused by lack of estrogen. I have been on estrogen therapy (3 types) because so much damage was done and am so much better. It took seeing at least 6 doctors over a couple of years before it was figured out. (maddening)

I do think the diet has a lot to do with it once you have it. I go strictly by the diet and every now and then when I feel brave, I try something and boy if it is a trigger, I know it right away. I don't have the frequency or urgency, but have plenty of pain and burning, so don't know about the other two. I'm very lucky in that regard.

Good luck!
    treatment:
    -I follow the IC diet to the letter
    -acupuncture and chinese herbs
    -Prelief
    -UTA
    -instillations as needed
    -beginning yoga and specialized yoga for breathing and relaxation
    -Wellbutrin
    -Klonopin

main symptoms: pain and burning

Comment

Thanks! Do you thinkn it makes a difference that this all started only 7 weeks ago? I feel lucky that I think I might be figuring this out relatively quick. I ask about diet because I started with the diet but didn't see a change until using the estrogen (I am also using Cystoprotek) and I would like to eat some of the healthy things on the diet!

urgency, frequency, general bladder discomfort,itching, and other nasty feelings

Comment

Ok I spoke way too soon. If anyone could please see my post in IC symptoms. I am a wreck.

Comment

Working...
        X