Vulvodynia and re-curring yeast infections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulvodynia and re-curring yeast infections

Is this part of having IC? I've NEVER had those problems before in my entire life, I'm 34, but ever since I started experiencing IC symptoms and dg. a week ago these vaginal issues are happening on a weekly basis.

I take Fem-dophilus but maybe I should put it "up there" instead of taking it orally. I should probably cut back on sugar...but still!

If anyone is having those problems - please share what works for you.

Thanks!
    Dg. with IC 2/15/10

Other conditions: depression, ADHD, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS-C.

Medications I'm on: Vyvanse 70mg, Xanax 1 mg as needed, Wellbutrin XL 150 mg, Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain, Microgestin 1/20 continuously.

Supplements I'm taking: Chondroitin Sulfate, N-acetyl-glucosamine, MSM 3gr/day, Pancreatin, B-5, Ester-C, and marshmallow root tea

I have had the same issues. I have vestubulitis vulvodynia which has been flaring for a couple of weeks now. I have seen my uro for this and Friday they prescribed me lidocaine as a topical to help with the pain. I have also been sitting in espon salt baths, but I really cannot tell if that is helping. I have taken two rounds of Difulcan and that hasn't seem to make a difference either. I cut sugar out of my diet in January but had a piece of the cake the other night...BIG MISTAKE.

I guess that was not much help...I totally understand the problem. I hope someone has a good solution. How have you been treating the vulvodynia?

Comment

I've been taking Fem-Dophilus (Jarrow) orally but today inserted one in my vagina, and it brought relief! Who would have thought...

Also tried lidocaine cream but it worsened the itching and burning. Last night, I thought I had another yeast infection so tried Monsitat but that burned like hell!! It was so bad I washed it out, took Claritin and went to bed.

The key is to stay away from sugar in any form. It's super hard for me because I LOVE sweets of any kind.

Just ordered Aloe Vera 480 mg freeze dried capsules, they're supposed to be lubricating so we shall see...I've spent hundreds on supplements yet to find one that actually works.
      Dg. with IC 2/15/10

Other conditions: depression, ADHD, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS-C.

Medications I'm on: Vyvanse 70mg, Xanax 1 mg as needed, Wellbutrin XL 150 mg, Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain, Microgestin 1/20 continuously.

Supplements I'm taking: Chondroitin Sulfate, N-acetyl-glucosamine, MSM 3gr/day, Pancreatin, B-5, Ester-C, and marshmallow root tea

Comment

Working...
      X