• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surprisedx
    replied
    Originally posted by canadian daisy View Post
    Oh.
    I love the regular black tea. I suppose that means I can't drink it since it's tea.
    Not too thrilled.
    I have found that rooibus tea, while not perfect, is an acceptable substitute for black tea. It is a little sweeter and since it has such low levels of tannins it doesn't have that "dry" mouth feel that black tea can sometimes have. (sorry if that doesn't make sense, but I don't know how else to describe it)

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    When my bladder calmed down I was able to drink decaff black tea if I took prelief with it, and also added almond milk. I wouldn't try this though if you are actively symptomatic.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I wouldn't try it for at least a while to see if it makes a difference.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• canadian daisy
    replied
    Oh.
    I love the regular black tea. I suppose that means I can't drink it since it's tea.
    Not too thrilled.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    The secret is to read the label --- if it really contains tea, then it's an acid drink and not good for IC. I drink herbal teas.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    There is a book titled The Better Bladder Book that lists a lot of different teas that are good for the bladder. Camomile tea calms all my muscles down including my bladder. I am also able to drink mint tea and find this helps with my digestion as well. Some of the herbal teas listed kind of taste like dirt but if you mix them and use some honey they are actually tolerable. Camomile is my favorite though due to the relaxing properties.

Leave a comment:

• lalarainbow
    replied
    I can have peppermint tea and chamomile and they don't seem to bother me... I am not a coffee drinker so can't help you there.
    I mentioned to my Dr about pelvic floor dysfunction and he kind of looked at me as if I had two heads lol.. so no help there really... I can't take Elmrion as it makes me sick and gave me diarhea.. wish I could take it thouhg.

Sometimes I just drink hot water with honey in it..

Leave a comment:

• canadian daisy
    started a topic diet

diet

Hello all,
    I was just wondering what are the teas I am permitted? Is just regular decaf tea okay? I see that the coffee should be decaf acid free..does the tea have to be acid free as well? I have had a heck of a time calling around this morning asking the health food stores and all they offer me is a coffee substitute made out of.....MUSHROOMS!!! Are you kidding me? Ummm, no thanks. I think I will order the coffee from here (has anyone tired it and loved it?? Does it taste like reg coffee?)
    I don't mind being caffeine free, not at all. When I was pregnant and nursing all the kids I drank decaf (THAT'S when you NEED the extra jolt! lol) But this acid free thing has thrown me for a loop.
    I have also found that no one in my city does pelvic floor therapy (internal kind) so I'm frustrated with that as well.
    Also, I think the Elmiron is actually making my bladder feel worse. Is that possible? And I'm also having a hard time swallowing.
    Any suggestions??? Thanks
Working...
X