went to my follow up with 3rd uro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went to my follow up with 3rd uro

I went to my follow up with my new uro today and we talked about how the Elmiron seemed to be helping. He did say its takes a while to see the full effects. I asked about Elavil and some others that I had heard about from some other girls here and he said ok but I got something stronger in mind so he put me on oxybutynin er which that is generic for ditropan xl. He said it should help my urges and frequecy within just a couple days and he said the most side effects is being tired. He also gave me a script to get some Prelief, but the pharmacist said I didn't need the script but they had to order it so I will get that tomorrow. He was me to do the voiding diary for a couple days then take it to them. But he said unless I need something I don't have to come back for 3 mths. Which is nice. My cat scan I did that week was good there isn't anything else causing these problems.

Has anyone else taken Ditropan xl (Oxybutynin er)? How did it work for you?

I told him I was drinking Aloe Juice also. I told him I mixed a little with water and it was helping the IBS and he said that was good to keep doing it. He said he didn't normally recommend any herbs for treatment or acupunture. But I am going to continue the Aloe Juice.

I will keep everyone updated on how things are going. I'm hoping this will help.
    Melissa Barham

currently taking Elmiron 100mg 3x daily
    currently taking Klonipin 1mg as needed for nerves and stress
    currently taking Ditropan XL 10mg (Oxbutynin ER) once a day for ugency and frequency.

trying Aloe Vera Juice just a little mixed with water

I am on my 3rd uro. The 1st I went to cause of an UTI it was clear in the culture by the next month, but I was still having issues so he continued me on macordantin (sp.) and urised for about a year and I just seemed to get worse. My 2nd uro said he thought I had an OAB and tried me on meds for that. Everytime I went to him he would dialate my uretha and he also did a hydro (streched my bladder) and supposely removed scar tissue from my bladder and urethea and said my bladder was inflammed. But he said I didn't have enought pain to have IC. I tried many OAB meds and nothing seems to help I was in the bathroom atleast once an hour if not more. I suffered for a while. Now I am on my 3rd uro. The 1st visit we talked and he instantly said I had IC. He checked me and did an ultrasound of my bladder and order a cat scan and put me on Elmiron. I am currently waiting for the results of the cat scan.

A little about me that doesn't have to do with this is I am a stay at home mother of two kids and I have a very loving and supportive husband.

Glad that you found a good Dr. Many do find relief with oxybutynin er and other meds in that family of meds. If that one doesn't work well for you there are usually others that you can try. I hope it works well for you and you don't need to see him for a long time! I think that is everyone's wish. Be sure to give it a few days to really see the full effect. If you find you have retention (can't go at all) be sure you don't strain to void and let your Dr know asap.

Keep us updated,
    Sandra
    Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
    Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
    http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Thank you Sandra. I would have never thought about not being able to go lol, but I will keep that in mind and if I do have problems I will call him for sure. I am really hoping this helps its been so long since I've been able to go more than 30 mins to an hour without having to go to the bathroom that I may not know what to do if it does work.

Thanks and I will keep everyone updated.
      Melissa Barham

currently taking Elmiron 100mg 3x daily
      currently taking Klonipin 1mg as needed for nerves and stress
      currently taking Ditropan XL 10mg (Oxbutynin ER) once a day for ugency and frequency.

trying Aloe Vera Juice just a little mixed with water

I am on my 3rd uro. The 1st I went to cause of an UTI it was clear in the culture by the next month, but I was still having issues so he continued me on macordantin (sp.) and urised for about a year and I just seemed to get worse. My 2nd uro said he thought I had an OAB and tried me on meds for that. Everytime I went to him he would dialate my uretha and he also did a hydro (streched my bladder) and supposely removed scar tissue from my bladder and urethea and said my bladder was inflammed. But he said I didn't have enought pain to have IC. I tried many OAB meds and nothing seems to help I was in the bathroom atleast once an hour if not more. I suffered for a while. Now I am on my 3rd uro. The 1st visit we talked and he instantly said I had IC. He checked me and did an ultrasound of my bladder and order a cat scan and put me on Elmiron. I am currently waiting for the results of the cat scan.

A little about me that doesn't have to do with this is I am a stay at home mother of two kids and I have a very loving and supportive husband.

Comment

Working...
      X