Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Elmiron and rescue flush Rx, what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vivsmom
    replied
    Instills

Glad to hear that they can take awhile to work. i've noticed with the IC diet and some PT exercise the pain has been tolerable.
    It felt great to start Atarax. I really look forward to sleeping and wake up only once usually.

Leave a comment:

• Chicubs1
    replied
    Therapy should be helpful

Thanks for the feedback about the coffee, the treatments for PFD are supposed to help with the IC symptoms, also the rescue installs generally require several visits before the benefits really take full affect. My problem was severe pain with the catheter itself which may be due to the low pain tolerance with the fibro, good luck and take care

Leave a comment:

• greeneyes
    replied
    Hello, I had a rescue instill yesterday and am sorry to say the pain is now coming back (although not as bad). I've also been diagnosed with PFD, I will be starting therapy as as soon as the therapist calls and set's up the appointments. I think as long as my PFD is acting up that I'm not going to get my IC under control for any length of time. As for the coffee, I now drink non acidic and I can tell you it made a big difference in the pain.

Leave a comment:

• Chicubs1
    replied
    Elmiron only 2 months

So I know, I need to be patient, and maybe I'll try the low acid coffee I have heard about as coffee is the one thing I struggle not to drink at all that definitely isn't helping matters, when I get up so many times to pee overnight I end up tired in the am that caffeine becomes vital to make it through the work day, I know, it's probably self sabotaging behavior

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    How long have you been taking elmiron? It can take six months or longer to become effective. There are many treatment options out there --- you and your doctor will hopefully find the one that helps you most.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Chicubs1
    started a topic After Elmiron and rescue flush Rx, what next?

After Elmiron and rescue flush Rx, what next?

So rescue flush tx was intolerable for me and Elmiron is helping but still getting flare ups that are uncomfortable, seeing dr again in a month, what is usually the next step? Today I had to use the restroom due to urgency 14 times in an 8 hr shift, I halfheartedly have suggested putting a port-a-potty in my office as I feel bad hogging the women's restroom!
Working...
X