Potassium sensitivity test negative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potassium sensitivity test negative

Sorry I am new to the forums and can not figure out where to post this question....

Thank you Donna. I had a brain fog and posted it originally under the wrong name....

I was diagnosed about 17 months ago with IC but have been in denial. I hyave posted 2 other threads in this support page so I am sorry If this is the wrong spot for this ?....

I am working on healing myself and will soon be going to yet my 5th urologist to have a final cystoscopy done. I had one done at my first diagnosis but the last dr just did a potassium resistance test but did not go in and look.....

So has anyone had a potassium resistance test done and it be negative. The test hurt but I told the dr that I am in a 24/7 flare with constant, nagging, horrendous pain - i have horrible bladder pain/burning like a constant horrid uti, then i have urethal pain, and what i believe are bladder and uretha spasms....the placebo hurt my uretha even though i think they might have numbed part of it - so it hurt going in then i had a bad burning above my pubic bone where I usually dont hurt....

anyway. she said it was a negative test and was going to treat me with bladder instillations and pelvic floor therapy but i cant do it. i cant take the healing from 8 weeks of a catheter being put in me plus the time i have to take to get out of work...

so i am trying on my own with diet and aloe vera.

has anyone else have a diagnosis of IC with a potassium resistance test?
    Diagnosed with IC January 2010 RIGHT AFTER MY C-Section.

Currently i have been in a 24/7 CONSTANT flare like pain since January of this year with no relief.....

I have seen 2 Urologist and 1 Urogynecologist and now am on to my 4th Urologist - Destine to find one that CARES!!

Meds tried
    Elmiron - hair fell out in clups
    Elavil - blackouts on the smallest dosage cut in half
    Uribel - no relief after months of use
    Azo - no relief
    Darpaz - 3 months felt no difference in pain
    Vesicare - no relief after months of use
    Gelnique - no relief after months of use
    Uristat - no relief after months of use

Supplements tried- no relief
    Marshmellow Root tea and capsules
    Pumpkin Seed

What I am on now
    Kidney detox
    Licorice Root
    Adrenal Support
    Adderall for my ADD
    Valium 1/2 nightly to sleep
    Pain Pill 1/2 as needed in afternoon
    Wellbutrin
    Healthy Life Harvest 700mg Aloe Vera capsules - 6 x 3 times a day
    Colloidal Silver - 2 teaspons x twice day

I had the potasssium sensitivity test done as part of the diagnosis and even though I had been in pain,it burned and I could tell the difference between it and the plain water.

Comment

Don't right off the instils because of the cath, I used to be really bothered by the cath and could not pee for days afterwards.

I read on this site ask for the smallest cath possible to be use and this has helpped me greatly, now I have no post cath pain.

I still had pain with insertion of cath, so I talked to my Dr. about this and asked if I coud have some freezing with a uro jet, before hand. He said their protocol is to use it for men not women, I said women with IC have much more sensative bits, he has told me to tell the nurse next time that he has okayed for them to use a urojet prior to cathing.

So I am hoping this will help with this problem.

Also it could be the type of cath being used, you may need a different kind. Someone else could give you more info about caths than me.

MG
      My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Working...
      X