Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Just be straight forward and truthfull, tell them about your pain and could you be treated for it.

Good luck MG

Leave a comment:

• minrudd
    replied
    Thank you. Your words may give me the strength I need. It is so hard I work with chronic pain sufferers and I cannot help myslef I am a massage therapist. Time to bite the bullet and call teh PCP

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    replied
    I understand the fear of asking for something for pain...it is really hard to do that the first time. I would just ask him what he suggests you take for the pain you are experiencing. I asked my uro/gyno and he didn't believe in pain meds so then I had to go to my PCP. My PCP was very understanding and didn't have a problem writing a script for pain meds. I started with what ever he wanted me to try and then we have gradually gone to stronger meds as the time has gone on.
    I am not sure that I have been very helpful or not, but just be honest about the pain and the amount of pain you are in...
    I think that it is sad that those of us that are in real pain are so scared to talk to DR.s about pain meds because we are scared to look like a drug seeker.
    Good luck,
    Kirsten

Leave a comment:

• minrudd
    started a topic Pain Meds?

Pain Meds?

How did you breach the subject of pain meds? I have a uro/gyn do you think I should make a apt with a uro? I just don;t want them to think I am dependant or to become dependant....
Working...
X