IC Belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC Belly

I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to get rid of the IC belly? I look like I'm pregnant and feel like I'm going to explode. It is so uncomfortable. When I was at the uro the other day I asked him and he asked did I only get it at a certain time of the month. I said no. Well it's just gas. Believe me I am smart enough to know when I have gas or not. If I go on a diet or stop eating will it go away? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd love to know, too. I hate looking pregnant! And some clothes are just so uncomfortable!!!

Comment

I hate the belly...I am skinny but lately my stomach looks and feel bloated. Most time its when I'm in a flare....H just had a hydro done Monday and it seems to make my stomach bloat

Comment

I agree. I hate it! I am just waiting for someone to ask me, "How far along are you?" I really noticed it this month because I lost about 10 pounds being on the diet. Now I am skinny all over so my belly is really noticable.

Comment

Hey guys,

When you bladder is like this (bloated etc) does it hurt to press it?

Thanks,

Claire
          TMJ Dysfunction 2009
          Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
          IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
          PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
          Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
          Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
          Endep 25mg - 4months
          Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
          Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
          Countless creams, lotions and potions.
          Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
          PT - for 1 year
          Various herbs and supplements

Comment

It doesn't feel spendid to push on my belly but it doesn't hurt either. The only time it hurts is if I were to push on it when I really had to pee or I just ate. But even then it's not so much a hurt as it is uncomfortable.

Comment

I have no idea how to get rid of IC belly. Im pregnant so I will look pregnant for awhile. Hope someone comes along and can give you some tips. Gl.

Comment

Originally posted by nineteenwinters View Post
                I agree. I hate it! I am just waiting for someone to ask me, "How far along are you?"
                I've been asked this twice. Really, it's one of the worst things you could say to a woman. Seriously, don't ask that unless you know for sure if someone is pregnant! I wish I had some advice for the belly, but for me, it's just how I'm built. My mom is the same way. I've gained a good amount of weight in the last 2 years, and most of it is in my belly.
                ----------------------
                -Amanda
                34 years old, bladder symptoms all my life
                diagnosed with PFD and VV October 2009; IC May 2010

Current meds:
                Cystoprotek 2 pills twice a day, Hydroxyzine 10 mg, Gabapentin 600 mg, Myrbetriq 25mg, Zoloft 25 mg, Mircrogestin, capsaicin cream (for vulva)
                Other past treatments:
                IC diet, physical therapy, Traumeel injections as needed, TENS unit, heating pad, instills with sodium bicarb, lidocaine, and mucosa compositum
                Tried and didn't work:
                Pyridium, Singlair, Nortriptyline, Elmiron, lidocaine and heparin instills (worked at first, then didn't anymore), various creams, acupuncture

Comment

My belly hurts to touch when I have IC belly. Can't wear pants that press on it at all.

MG
                  My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Me too, Mothergoose. I bought jeans in 2 different sizes, thinking I could get through the Bloat days. One set was for the "IC Belly" days, the others for when there's no bloat. I ran into problems with the larger jeans. While they accommodate my swollen belly, the longer I wear them, they start to stretch out and slide down. The waistband ends up right against the swollen area, so I end up taking them off. So I've given up any notion of wearing jeans on IC Belly days. Sweat pants are great if you can find the older, high-waist style.

Comment

Take baking soda and water daily and sometimes it's urine, at least for me, and I have to Cather myself. I hate this disease more than anything and I have been thru some unbelievable ordeals..................God grant mercy on us all!
                      Love the person, hate the sin!

Comment

Yes, if I even drink a cup of tea in the morning it swells up. I don't know if this is IC or my IBS. I have fasted before and it comes back right when I eat anything, so dieting probably wouldn't help if it's bloating from IC. Since I haven't found anything that helps, I just eat really light if I have somewhere to go that I want to look good, then eat normally afterwards. It's not a solution, it's an adaptation.

And yes, it hurts very sharply to press anywhere on my lower abdomen, whether I have a full bladder or not.
                        Diagnosed with IC in 2005, since then have been diagnosed with an unspecified autoimmune disease, with inflammation in my bladder, colon, left knee, left ear, left eye, lungs and pericardium. Argh!

Medical research addict.

Comment

Working...
                        X