Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyeliner128
    replied
    Yes, if I even drink a cup of tea in the morning it swells up. I don't know if this is IC or my IBS. I have fasted before and it comes back right when I eat anything, so dieting probably wouldn't help if it's bloating from IC. Since I haven't found anything that helps, I just eat really light if I have somewhere to go that I want to look good, then eat normally afterwards. It's not a solution, it's an adaptation.

And yes, it hurts very sharply to press anywhere on my lower abdomen, whether I have a full bladder or not.

Leave a comment:

• GodgrantsMercy
    replied
    Take baking soda and water daily and sometimes it's urine, at least for me, and I have to Cather myself. I hate this disease more than anything and I have been thru some unbelievable ordeals..................God grant mercy on us all!

Leave a comment:

• Punahou Puns
    replied
    Me too, Mothergoose. I bought jeans in 2 different sizes, thinking I could get through the Bloat days. One set was for the "IC Belly" days, the others for when there's no bloat. I ran into problems with the larger jeans. While they accommodate my swollen belly, the longer I wear them, they start to stretch out and slide down. The waistband ends up right against the swollen area, so I end up taking them off. So I've given up any notion of wearing jeans on IC Belly days. Sweat pants are great if you can find the older, high-waist style.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    My belly hurts to touch when I have IC belly. Can't wear pants that press on it at all.

MG

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    Originally posted by nineteenwinters View Post
    I agree. I hate it! I am just waiting for someone to ask me, "How far along are you?"
    I've been asked this twice. Really, it's one of the worst things you could say to a woman. Seriously, don't ask that unless you know for sure if someone is pregnant! I wish I had some advice for the belly, but for me, it's just how I'm built. My mom is the same way. I've gained a good amount of weight in the last 2 years, and most of it is in my belly.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaJO
    replied
    I have no idea how to get rid of IC belly. Im pregnant so I will look pregnant for awhile. Hope someone comes along and can give you some tips. Gl.

Leave a comment:

• nineteenwinters
    replied
    It doesn't feel spendid to push on my belly but it doesn't hurt either. The only time it hurts is if I were to push on it when I really had to pee or I just ate. But even then it's not so much a hurt as it is uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Hey guys,

When you bladder is like this (bloated etc) does it hurt to press it?

Thanks,

Claire

Leave a comment:

• nineteenwinters
    replied
    I agree. I hate it! I am just waiting for someone to ask me, "How far along are you?" I really noticed it this month because I lost about 10 pounds being on the diet. Now I am skinny all over so my belly is really noticable.

Leave a comment:

• TracyMadden
    replied
    I hate the belly...I am skinny but lately my stomach looks and feel bloated. Most time its when I'm in a flare....H just had a hydro done Monday and it seems to make my stomach bloat

Leave a comment:

• Turtle25
    replied
    I'd love to know, too. I hate looking pregnant! And some clothes are just so uncomfortable!!!

Leave a comment:

• missnell
    started a topic IC Belly

IC Belly

I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to get rid of the IC belly? I look like I'm pregnant and feel like I'm going to explode. It is so uncomfortable. When I was at the uro the other day I asked him and he asked did I only get it at a certain time of the month. I said no. Well it's just gas. Believe me I am smart enough to know when I have gas or not. If I go on a diet or stop eating will it go away? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X