Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will I know when I can try new food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will I know when I can try new food?

I havent been the greatest at following the diet but have stayed away from the known triggers. I forget that I can't have onion even cooked yet. And tomatoes from the farmers market have been hard to avoid. But I have not had any in a week. I also only drink bottled water right now or mint tea. I do not take medication so how long do I have to do this? My pain is minimal to sometimes moderate but the pressure is still there constantly. And the urgency is there too. I tend to ignore it because I know I really don't have to go. I am trying to train my bladder a little.

How will I know I can have stuff back in my diet? Also is the only place you find prelief at walgreens?

Still discouraged about all this. And I tried carob. Blech.

Heather

Prelief is available in many different places --- if you go to the Prelief site, you can find out where it's carried in your area. It's difficult to know when to try new foods. When you do decide to take the step, I suggest you try a very small amount --- and no more than one at a time --- when we tested our youngest for food allergies, we allowed four days between trying anything new.

Good luck!

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Just google Prelief. You can buy it online from online pharmacies and even here at the ICN shop.

Comment

An irritated and inflamed bladder takes a good while to calm down. There is no set guideline, but I think staying on the diet strictly for at least a month before adding things back in may help.
        Remember, this is a means to an end. To get control of your symptoms, you want to give your bladder the best environment possible to heal.

Comment

It took me a good 4 months, and I mean 4 MONTHS lol.. of JUST the IC diet. I would stop eating tomatoes ASAP... I know they are good.. I still wish sometimes I could eat themm.... oh pizza how I miss you... lol... BUT its so not worth the trouble. I would eat just bland ( I know boring).. but like chicken, rice, pears, white bread, some squash, carrots, lettuce, potatoes watermelon, steak, vanilla icecream, drink mint tea (like you are) and water.... and thats about it. ...lol

This is what I lived on for 4 months. Doesn't seem worth it now I know... but I feel MUCH better then I did back then because I allowed my bladder to calm down and that takes a whole lot of time... not two weeks time.. it takes months and months... SO my advice IS!! Don't worry about the foods you WANT to eat right now (chocolate, tomatoes etc) eat the foods you KNOW your blader will be ok with. Its just not worth the risk making yourself worse and further irritating an already inflammed and angry bladder. I eat what I want now- almost everything minus tomatoes ... chocolate and the OBVIOUS foods. It gets better but you have to do the work to make it better first !

Jenn
          28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Oh yah, and the "when will you know part"..... Well I knew when I woke up one morning and I didn't feel my bladder... then I knoew it was gonna be ok to try something else... I would wait until you notice a decrease at least in your frequency

I really hope you find reliefe soon!
            28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Working...
            X