Exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise

Being new to this I was wondering if some of the newbies and oldies could give me an idea of what types if exercise everyone is doing. I'm by nature a very active person but am afraid of doing too much in fear of reprisals from my bladder. Does anyone ride a bike? I have tried to go for small rides while sitting on my butt cheeks. Any successes?

Thanks!

Suzi

Hi SuziQ,

I use my Wii for exercise. My favorite "game" is Just Dance 2. Low impact - doesn't seem to upset my bladder. And it is really, really fun! You can use the game as a competition and play with friends or choose the "just sweat" option which lets you set and keep track of goals.

Pam

Comment

Briza,

Just wondering what you think helped you into remission?

Thanks for all of your support!!

Suzi

Comment

I spin on a regular basis. On days I have a lot of pain, I don't jump, run, or climb; I just stay seated. I also have a road bike I use sometimes.

Daisy
        Daisy

Current Treatment:

IC diet (food that turns alkaline through digestion, not food from the acid/alkaline list), 2 cups of warm lemon water every morning (juice of one lemon), Forte amino acids

Herbs: (Now discontinued) Marshmallow root tea, grapefruit seed extract, serrapeptase, omega 3, quercetin, colostrum

Other/Rx: (All discontinued except birth control) baking soda, Tums, oxybutynin, amitriptyline, certizine hydrochloride, Loestrine 24 Fe

When I'm in pain: gabapentin, xanax (I have to shut the stress in my brain down), pyridium, tramadol, Prelief

To this point, four bladder dilatations: 7/11, 12/12, 12/14, 11/16

Tried and discontinued after 2 years: Elmiron (sad, waste of time and loss of too much hair!)

Comment

Working...
        X