Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inlove96
    replied
    I am also trying to conceive....not as easy as it looks. I tell ya.....

I have been trying for 2 months with no luck so far.....hoping the 3rd month gets us our little bundle of joy.

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Sorry, I was just kidding. When I was young I read where a woman in India had the world record of 26 kids and I had wanted to break her record. Then another woman in England had 14 kids and she was still wanting more. Of course not really knowing all there is to it maybe I am just a weeeenie bit on the crazy side.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    My main problem has always been the frequency and extreme urgency, I only have pain if I really stress myself or don't follow the IC diet. I was really afraid to try this,(I'd actually resolved to NEVER having kids b/c I didn't want to get any worse), but I've been pretty close to remission now for the past 4mos or so, so I'm willing to try it now that I know in 9mos I can go back on my meds and get well again.
    I've had IC for about 10yrs, and to me, I think it is progressive. I can deal with it a little better now, mostly due to the meds and changing my attitude, but its definetly gotten worse than in the beginning.
    I don't have to worry much about the finances, I only work part-time now and I have family close by, so that helps a lot too. Really my main worry is my migraines. Hoping I don't have too many during the pregnancy b/c I just can't do it anymore w/out my Maxalt. But it will pass, I just think that I'm at the point now that its kinda now or never.

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    We're close to the same age! Do you typically have serious IC symptoms? How long have you had IC? Did you already say that? I can't go even a few hours without MS Contin in my system. You must be really strong to try this. I know it will be worth it.
    If everything else was set in place like day care, finances, etc. maybe I'd be more open to it. Honestly though, what happens if you are in terrible pain and can't handle it? I hate to play devils advicate, but how does one resist taking pain meds at that point! I have been in so much pain I've thought if I didn't have meds, I'd plead with the doctors to remove my bladder. Thje diet alone doesn't help enough.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    That's not even funny!!!!!!!!! Two of my cousins already have twins! I'm pretty sure I'd got nuts.

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Meme, you're not old at 27 but I do think you are at the perfect age for starting to have kids. You must be really serious about starting a family if you are willing to give up your closet. You can't judge what your kids will be like from the grocery monsters you see all day. Plus there are some good kids that won't run a person over with the grocery cart. Good luck with it and glad to hear things are going much better for you. Hey, maybe you will have twins or triplets???

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Good luck in trying. There is nothing more exciting than having a baby to hold. They are so precious to look at. Keep them at your side forever if you can, as they grow up so fast and become young adults just like that!! My kids are 23 and 18 and sometimes it seems like yesterday that they were babies.

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied
    I wish you both the best of luck !
    hugs sandra

Leave a comment:

• holles2
    replied
    good luck to you. hope everything works out the way you plan it to.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    My husband and I did the "no plan" plan. We sort of said to each other, okay, we're not really trying to have a baby, but let's just not use birth control and see what happens. (As my mother later pointed out to me, 'Honey, people have known what happens when you have sex without birth control for a loooong time!") And lo and behold, three months later I was PG. Susannah was born about 20 months after we got married. Looking back, considering my various illnesses, that was the only time I would ever have been able to sustain a pregnancy; if we hadn't had her when we did, we never would have. She'll be 12 years old in less than three weeks.

Good luck to you. Your life is changed forever and it can take some adjusting to, but there is nothing in the world more precious than my child. Or anyone's child.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    That is so awesome Meme!!! :woohoo: It's nice when you can plan it out. Hubby and I kinda planned, the doc told me that if I wanted to have a baby then I should start trying right away because of the endo. I was happy to start trying, we had just bought our house and were about to get married. About a month later when we got back from our honeymoon we found out I was pregnant. And everybody is right, love is totally different after you have a baby. Griffin (and of course Shane) are really the loves of my life. Goodluck!

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I'll be 27 next month. I'm scared to death about going off of the meds, but I'm close enough to remission that I'm willing to try it. At least I will know what will work for me, and I can go right back on them after the birth. We've already decided that if the pregnancy doesn't send me into remission and I'm not doing well, I won't breast feed and I will go back on the meds immediately.

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    Congratulations! My I ask how old you are? I'm 26 and would love kids, but don't know how I'd handle a pregancy because I'd have to be without my MS Contin.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    how great... I am sure you will be a great mommy

Leave a comment:

• Billsbaby
    replied
    you can honestly never understand the power of love until you hold your child in your arms.all of a sudden you think about every little thing you do and see if it would effect your child.after having my children,i do everything different,i always think about how it will affect my children.they are honestly the most precious things on earth.congrats

Leave a comment:

Working...
X