Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inlove96
    replied
    I too have stopped taking my meds. Well except elmiron. I was told to stop the neurontin for sure while trying to get pregnant. I wish you the best.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    The store brand water from Costco works fine for me, and you can't beat the price!

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    replied
    Originally posted by sandberg4 View Post
    I do know to stay away from Dasani. It gives me great urgency.
    Oh yes! I didn't like Dasani even BEFORE I started to have symptoms!! It just tastes funny to me.. and it's made my coca-cola, which just makes it seem fishy to me lol! I've had Evian before.. not recently though. And you are right, it is so expensive!

What about storebrand bottled water, like from Costco? Has anyone tried that before with success?

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    replied
    Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    Sandberg just beat me to it. I was going to suggest drinking bottled spring water to see if that helps. When you say you are drinking "large amounts of water" how much do you mean? It's possible to drink too much. You need six to eight cups per day --- and kim is right that it's best to take small drinks frequently.

Donna
    Well I say large amounts to emphasize the fact that I drink ONLY water.. which is good. I don't guzzle down gallons at a time or anything. I have a bottle at my work station, and I just drink it normally throughout the day. I usually get about 4 to 5 bottles in a day, which is about 7 cups.. so I'm right on target. And Deer Park is spring water, so I don't think it should be that causing me problems. I'm not sure though, does anyone else have problems with Deer Park water? I think I'm going to stop using my tap water and just stick to the bottled water, maybe that will help some.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!

Leave a comment:

• sandberg4
    replied
    I've tried Evian before and really like it, but can't afford it. Mostly I drink Aquafina at work and do okay. I have a reverse osmosis filter at home and really like my water there. Donnas probably right about the spring water. Sometimes its so hard to tell whats bothering you. I do know to stay away from Dasani. It gives me great urgency.
    Hope you feel better.
    Anne

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sandberg just beat me to it. I was going to suggest drinking bottled spring water to see if that helps. When you say you are drinking "large amounts of water" how much do you mean? It's possible to drink too much. You need six to eight cups per day --- and kim is right that it's best to take small drinks frequently.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    replied
    Water Choices

I've heard that different waters can cause your bladder to be tempermental as well! I drink Deer Park, and then tap water from my home and work (i refill the water bottles). But I never drink tap water from another source, because I'm not sure if I'll have a bad reaction to it. I read in "A Taste of the Good Life" That most ICers are fine with Deer Park, and I believe that I am.. because I've never gotten a flare from just water before. Although that may be the cause of my constant pain/pressure. So maybe I should try a different brand and see if that helps to improve my symptoms. Do you have any suggestions?! Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• sandberg4
    replied
    I was just curious about the type of water you are drinking. I've been finding that I can't drink some kinds. Probably not the problem but you might try different types.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    You may already be doing this, but when you drink water make sure to only drink sips throughout the day. If you drink a whole bunch in one sitting it can be too much and can stress your bladder out.

Leave a comment:

• LKL
    replied
    Same boat

I have no advice, but I feel for you. I am in the same situation, and looking for a solution myself. Hang in there, though...

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    started a topic Trying Med-Free

Trying Med-Free

I was DXed just last January, and I've been trying to control my symptoms with diet alone because my husband and I have been trying to conceive. At first, it was fine.. the diet didn't really help - but I have been in pain for so long, I figured "Great.. now I have a name for the pain, so I just have to wait a few months to get pregnant, and then I'll be fine.. after the baby pops out I'll be able to start some meds and get on track with this whole thing" Well, it's been 3 months and I'm not feeling so upbeat anymore. The diet isn't helping. I am so strict but I'm still in constant pain, I have constant pressure, and my flares occur daily - and they seem to be getting worse not better despite my strict diet and large amounts of water I'm drinking. So tomorrow I'm going to see my doctor to see if there's a better treatment plan. I'm so nervous.. because I don't want to be in pain anymore but I also want to have a baby.

You know, any advice you have would be great. About what to ask my doctor tomorrow, or what to expect from the appointment. Any treatments any of you that are pregnant (or trying to get pregnant) are using and that are actually HELPING! I just want to have some hope. Thanks!
Working...
X