Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iris5
    replied
    I only took folic acid when I was pregnant because I can't tolerate Vitamin C. Generaly drugstores (CVS, Walgreens, etc) carry folic acid as a separate vitamin. I tolerated that fine.

Leave a comment:

• melanie626
    replied
    Folic Acid

Your story was funny!

I am 11+ wks pregnant and I take a generic of flinstones multivitamin that has enough folic acid, I tolerate it better then most other "adult" vitamins. Hope that helps. PM me if you have any preconception questions, I have sooooo been through it with interviewing 4 MDs, then picking one, then having to change as she was clueless etc. I have learned ALOT so far.

Good luck-

Melanie

Leave a comment:

• kuntrygurl78
    replied
    Just so you know...Im living proof that the pill doesnt always work:woohoo:

Im also on Folic acid and do pretty good with it

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied

Leah...You asked about Folic Acid. I have been taking it for years before IC and now with no problems. Hope we see a preg announcement very soon.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Thats funny Donna...

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kat1107
    replied
    Haha! Thats Hilarious! Those are one of those "Here's your sign" moments (for the nurse that is). Well Congrats on the green light!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    There was a gynecologist at the hospital where I worked who said he always tells his patients at their six week post-op check that they can now have intercourse --- because of another gyn who told a patient immediately after surgery to not have sex --- and two years later this same patient reported at her check-up that her husband really doesn't like the no sex routine!

Yup! There are ditzel-brains out there! More than we know......

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    You should have told her you thought it was a fertility treatment... boy, people just don't think things through sometimes.

I called an IT helpline once to find out what the error code on my computer's monitor meant, and the guy on the helpdesk said, "Ma'am, is your computer plugged in?" Uh, yeah, that's how I'm able to see this message on my screen... same mentality as your nurse. Assume everyone is an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    lol thats funny...Yea I bet she was thinking you was a little ..
    Well congrats on the go ahead and good luck

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    lol I agree with Mary,

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    You should have told her you thought you could get pregnant while still on the pill. Congrats on the green light!! Good luck to the both of you.

Leave a comment:

• ads
    replied
    That is a story you could tell you kid when he/she gets older! I feel bad about it being funny at your expense, but I hope you are laughing too. The nurse needs to get a brain transplant.

ads

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    OMG Leah!!! That was just the laugh I needed for the day!! I was literally laughing out loud.

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    That is hysterical! I almost think I would've had to let her believe she cured me, just so she'd have a fantastic story to tell for the rest of her life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X