I was pregnant but lost it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was pregnant but lost it.

Does IC have anything to do with that or would my endo????
    It has been a month since we lost our bean. I was 4 weeks pregnant so very early. I feel so guilty.

Diagnosed with IC 3-30-2003

Flare ups 1 time a month lasts for days.

HUgs to you, I don't think there is any concrete evidence that IC can cause a miscarriage. Have you spolen to your OB/GYN about what he or she thinks could have happened. Sending you a great big gentle hug.

Comment

I went to the doc and had bloodwork done to confirm pregnancy when my home tests were saying negative after all positives. They confirmed I was pregnant low number 7 but it was positive. Then the next day I started bleeding. I bled heavy 2 days after my period was due. I have not gone back....they just said it was a chemical pregnancy. I worry somehow what if I did not miscarry??? I mean today is week 4 after M/C. And not period yet. I am confused.

Comment

You certainly shouldn't feel guilty here. Research now suggests that 31% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage... most in the first two months. Miscarriage is common for many women and most of us know others who have had one.

I think it's important that you not beat yourself up here. Our body is so wise. It has amazing healing properties. It has amazing diversification. Just think that a tiny strand of DNA diversifies into a full functioning body. And... for women, our body also has the ability to determine if a pregnancy isn't viable for any number of reasons. When that occurs, miscarriage is the result. Many women don't even know that they've had a miscarriage because it's so early they don't realize that they are pregnant.

This doesn't mean that you won't have children in the future. What it does mean is that right now, for any number of reasons, the time just wasn't right. Melanie, who wrote our pregnancy check list (http://www.ic-network.com/pregnancyjournal/), had a miscarriage very early in her first pregnancy... and she successfully had a baby just a year later.

Carry hope in your heart. Big hugs!

Jill
        Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Thanks girls. I feel ok about it now....still slightly bummed and always will be. What sucks more is my husband realized he was not ready when we found out we were pregnant. So now he has the trying to conceive on hold. I appreciate the love girls. I know m/c are very common, but really felt confident about being pregnant.

Comment

Big hugs headed your way. Jill's information is accurate. Speaking personally, I had endo(had not been dxed with IC yet)and multiple miscarriages and now have a great 6 year old. The pain will always be there, and the loss to some degree, but please don't feel guilty.

Hugs,
              Barb
              (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
              :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
              :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
              I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
              PCOS 7/85
              RSD 7/94 :headbang:
              Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
              Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
              Kidney stones--too many to count
              Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
              IC 6/03 :evilsmile
              Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
              "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
              "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

So sorry for your loss. I hope you are healing and feeling a little better now. Hugs and warm thoughts headed your way.
                Rachel
                DX's:
                IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
                three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
                Currently using:
                Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
                Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
                I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

I miscarried at 5 weeks with our first baby. I was CRUSHED. It was helpful to know how common it was (b/c then there were other women I could talk to about it - and I needed to), but that did not make the pain any less. I'm so sorry you lost your baby. Your grief is real.

I went on to have 2 very healthy baby boys after my miscarriage and lots of other women I know went on to have many successful pregnancies after miscarriage. I hope this is true for you, too - whenever you and your husband are ready to try again.

P.S. If you ever want to talk about the m/c, feel free to PM, OK?
                    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. It is not your fault, but I do know sometimes we blame ourselves over things we have no control of. I hope you are having a better today.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

(((Hugs)))
                        Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, it is a fairly common experience. I know it hurts, but do not blame yourself. It was a long time ago, but I haven't forgotten. I lost my first at almost 4 months and my 3rd pregnancy ended in miscarriage very early on. The second pregnancy went full-term and beyond (2 weeks late---ugh!). Now my healthy "baby" is doing her post-graduate work in London and in 5 minutes I'm leaving to pick her up at the airport. She's taking a break from her dissertation preparation and coming home for a short visit. Can't wait to get her home, for a little while, anyway! Many of us who have experienced this loss have gone on to have normal pregnancies. I hope that will happen for you, too, when the time is right.

(((HUGS)))
                          Annie

IC
                          Ulcerative Colitis and IBS
                          Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

_________________________________________________________
                          Retirement is great! Work is highly overrated!!!
                          ---My dear hubby

________________________________________________________
                          Never go to a doctor whose office plants are dead.
                          ---Unknown

Comment

Big Hugs
                            Sandra
                            "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
                            http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Blessings,
                              Lori

Comment

Working...
                              X